Pond viewing window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just wondering if normal double glazed windows would work for a fish pond. We are building a pond using breeze blocks which we are laying flat. It is going to be a deep ,wide and long pond

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
NO not what so ever that's not what is meant by two panes of glass pond windows are generally like two layers a 1/2" solid glass glued together with no air space. The argument of plate or laminated safety glass is one I have not followed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NO not what so ever that's not what is meant by two panes of glass pond windows are generally like two layers a 1/2" solid glass glued together with no air space. The argument of plate or laminated safety glass is one I have not followed
So what is best?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Plate is very hard to break and when it does it makes large shards of glass that can rip you apart.
Safety glass is also hard to break but can easily be done with just a point and when it goes the whole sheet shaters into a million pieces. The safety film can keep it from going everywhere.

Myself I'd lean toward plate but your local building codes will probably say safety.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
cat pulls.gif
@M1ch43l

Ask a Question