Ponding for Turtle Keepers - Article

Reaction score
Hi:

I recently wrote an online article on pond construction for turtle keepers, and thought it might be of interest to some members. I hope it's helpful to someone. Thank you.

Lunsford%20Pond.jpg

Turtle Ponding.

Richard.

Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it. I wrote it hoping it'd be a help to some folks getting into the ponding hobby, the kind of introduction I could've used when I got into it. Things like bottom drains, settling chambers or sieves, external vs. submerged water pumps, it was a lot to take in, and I found I had to pick my knowledge up 'scatter shot' from a lot of different places/forum threads here and there.

I'm hopeful that this article will give a newcomer the kind of comprehensive overview to figure out and plan what kind of project to take on, them hash it out online with more seasoned keepers and get it done.

Right now, just learning what you could conceivably do, might want to do, what you ought to do and what you need to do it are hard enough to learn, even aside from questions like 'what's it cost.'

Richard.

Ask a Question