Pondless Waterfall creative basin ideas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another source is dock and pier supplies. I walked on a really cool pier near Monterey that had the decking made of grate-like composite material. It was strong and might be a possible source. I think the composite decking was secured to either wood or some sort of metal. It looked like this:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Aqua blocks by aquascape imo are a bit stronger then the easy pro blocks i have turned both into odd shapes and have simply used zip ties to secure them together. And aquascapes now have a top sheet that is made to boost the strength of the topic the blocks .
ANOTHER IDEA is hpde double walled culvert pipe
The fiberglass can be a viable option but i believe you will still need to make vertical supports in the middle if not two or three depends on the class of fiberglass
One observation /question if that is standard concrete /mortar sooner or latter the changes in weather or even quick temperature changes you'll end up with a crack between the ledge and your basin. A epoxy ,paint ,liquid rubber could help keep the areas water tight. By far the most challenging pond waterfall builds that include ledge are the most challenging. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT WORK ITS GOING TO LOOK FANTASTIC
GOOD LUCK
There's about 6" of concrete there. First layer is a recipe from a pro pond builder, top layer a more sandy mixture. Metal netting is of course layered in. Both were mixed with Kim Krystol to keep it water tight. I did a 30 day wet cure. Fingers crossed it all works. I'll be putting stones on the ledge, but will definitely keep an eye in how is holds up this winter. With the aquascape blocks - how did you turn them into odd shapes? Are they easy to cut? Thanks for your post.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another source is dock and pier supplies. I walked on a really cool pier near Monterey that had the decking made of grate-like composite material. It was strong and might be a possible source. I think the composite decking was secured to either wood or some sort of metal. It looked like this:
This is interesting too. Thanks for the link - gonna research now. Thank you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
There's about 6" of concrete there. First layer is a recipe from a pro pond builder, top layer a more sandy mixture. Metal netting is of course layered in. Both were mixed with Kim Krystol to keep it water tight. I did a 30 day wet cure. Fingers crossed it all works. I'll be putting stones on the ledge, but will definitely keep an eye in how is holds up this winter. With the aquascape blocks - how did you turn them into odd shapes? Are they easy to cut? Thanks for your post.
Yes a sawsall with a metal blade cuts them like butter. But if your skills with a sawsall aren't that great at finish work as its hardly a finish tool you can always place a circular saw blade in backwards or if your lucky enough to find a old fashion panneling blade with 50 teeth or more . It doesn't need to be carbide . " anyone who tries this is doing so at there own risk "this is how vinyl siding and other plastics can be cut . Or you can spends 100 dollars or more for a freud finish laminate blade. Which will do a fine job. Or similar but yes they are easy to cut and i will also sand the cubes before i place them as there is always mold tips sticking out and a sharp edge here and there.

Ask a Question