Ponds in Canada

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
JW I am going to have to work "Right up to lunch" on the Day of my Funeral! Ha ha! Yesterday I slaved so hard, worked though my breaks and now I am stiff and sore but going back for more in four hours. Is it just me or does everybody work "to death" these days? Somebody told me its that way all over, cause young replacement workers kids rarely get their work done so I always end up helping them. They are thirty years younger than me but they just can"t keep up. I think the young generation just does not know how to work cause they sit home and play games for hours. Some of them are so weak too, then they "huff and puff" trying to keep up to me. There won"t be any retirement cause I can't count on them to get job done. I do the job nobody want's to do, moving pellets and boxes in massive freezer that is kept at minus 20 degrees. Besides they can"t find anybody to replace me and when I have day off the shelves go empty. Good hard workers are very hard to find these days.
Oh ya those big banana's, I left them out to freeze leaves so I could cut back them big leaves and then moved them inside greenhouse. Although now they are bigger and in bigger heavy pot so I will have to get a "dolly" to move them now!
Please could winter just not come this fall!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Nah someday you @callingcolleen1 will enjoy your freedom. You just work real hard now and the good life will come. I work hard now tho but it's work I love. Outside only is my motto tho! Inside work I don't like so much. I should live in a hut in the woods.

Now there is a game that the kids play that gets them out of doors but their heads are still in their phones while they walk and they will walk right off a cliff. Pokemon game. Oh my just when we think we have seen it all! Robbers are using the game to attract victims to a spot and then they rob them!

I figured you had to cut those banana plants off and stow them away for winter. Guess that greenhouse stays warm enough to keep all your plants alive as long as you don't burn it down.

Winter comes here but is a bit easier on us then where you are. I am learning that this is about the best spot on earth to live............don't tell anybody tho as it could get a bit crowded. We do have the rain but it's not really as bad as the world makes it out to be and on this side of the mountains in our state we have no killer bugs or snakes. Temps are mild and plants love it here and fish too. Gets a little cold in winter and not too hot very often in Summer and that's what my goldfish love!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I think this is my
1468273965215.jpg
favorite place in the whole world.

Attachments

• 20160714_174553_HDR.jpg
    20160714_174553_HDR.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 20160714_200047_HDR.jpg
    20160714_200047_HDR.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 20160714_214908_HDR.jpg
    20160714_214908_HDR.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20160714_214735_HDR.jpg
    20160714_214735_HDR.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 187
  • 20160714_212121_HDR.jpg
    20160714_212121_HDR.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 133

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
And I can't blame you for thinking that as it looks like such a nice place to chill after a hard days work and I know you work very hard. Look how happy that big fish is to see you :happy:
I'm going to be now, it's almost 1am here.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 Nice shots but I was starting to get dizzy,lol! Felt like I was in an airplane doing fancy tricks :wideyed: Then what happened at the end? Hope your camera didn't drop into the pond :eek:

You need a longer stick so you can just stand at one end of the yard and shoot the whole thing w/o having to duck under your lines of hanging things maybe?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That was just me getting the phone in and out of the tight folder that I made to get the phone in and out of, sorry about making you dizzy JW.
I have a newer video and this time I got even higher up cause I stood up on the red bench and then used the stick to get really high with the camera phone.. excuse the first part where I put the phone into its pocket.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was a really good show of your ponds all connected together. I thought they were in a straight line and now I see they are not. I thought I saw 4 ponds? Do you have a little one attached or am I seeing things? I like how you have them kind of staggered and not just straight. Next time get up higher,lol!

Oh big thunder and lightning happening right now. Here comes the rain too! Going to go hide now :eek:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That's right!! All my ponds are staggered and 3 of the 4 ponds are also placed at different angles too. JW I do have another video, streaming "live to you right now"! he he he ... Look How Hi I Can Fly!

Help!! I had two days off and all I want to do is play by my ponds and post pond "selfies" ha ha ha

Ask a Question