Pool Thermometer

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know where it was on the site that I came across them ( perhaps someone can direct me to the thread) but I read an interesting way of utlising a swimming pool thermometer to that of a pond theremometer .
Anyhow much to say it was a brilliant idea and we set out to buy us one a few weeks ago now.
It arrived on the Friday of last week and is already in the pond giving me uptodate reaings from the pond.

http://www.made-in-china.com/showroo...r-WT0122-.html

Again thanx to who's ever idea it was to first try these out , we are now in a cold snap of 3c but with all the insulation etc we have on the pond it is showing a temperature of 11.1c

rgrds

Dave

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat! I bought one similar, a few of us has posted about them. It is nice to glance and see what the temp is out there in the cold!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
addy dont know about the cold but ours seems to indicate the pond temperature has gone up by .2c and is now reading 11.3c couple that with the remote weather station Va's Cousin and hubby bought us some winters ago it means we dont have to step outside lol
Mind ours is indicating we are in for heavy and prolonged rain so I would have given it a miss anyway lol.
How long have you guys found they last for by the way?

rgrds

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx for that addy it apears I wasnt that far of in my guestimate of the $ US - £UK exchange , I've saved yours off just in case ours developes a leak which acording to some of the bad write ups they often do.
It's working fine at the moment up to 11.6c this morning
rgrds

Dave

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I picked up the one in the link due to the slanted display. My previous one had the flat display, it started sweating which made it fail.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes so far so good! I don't see any of the moisture issues. We get hot sun hitting the display, the pond has darn cold water, thing the temp difference causes the issues. I even took it apart cleaned it well, used waterproof goop on all openings and it still got condensation, finally failed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanx again Addy again noted , things look to be hunky Dory with this one at the moment and the readout indicates that we have a temperature of 12c under our policarbonate covering whilst our weather station is giving us an air temperature of 8c so things are cool with this at this moment , its a great idea to use the pool ones as the ready made koi ones are so much more expensive but then again if you shop around for an alternative you'll find one

rgrds

Dave

Ask a Question