Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here are the ducks I feed daily on our front porch. They are 3 weeks old now, this pic was taken about 10 days ago. The mom stays right with them, the dad is sometimes with them or not. She is a fierce mom, still has all 9 babies. There are large ponds in our neighborhood where many ducks live.
IMG_0991.JPG
IMG_0994.JPG

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
After I realized how dirty my bird feeder was in the last photo, I cleaned it and moved it to the back yard. Indigo Buntings found it pretty quick. I was sitting out near the feeders earlier and had two at once, but no camera on me at the time. Just looked out the window to see one back at the feeder.

IMG_2625 copy.jpg

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I saw two American Toads in the native garden, and a few dragonflies as well.

IMG_2983 copy.jpg

IMG_2957 copy.jpg

The bunting was back this morning, so I thought I'd be clever and shoot through the garage window. It's a shame the window is old and dirty and won't let me get a clear image. I opened it, which is a process, and the bunting hasn't come back since.
IMG_2899 copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice work JB. Looks like I have to play catch up with you. Spent yesterday morning photographing Fox kits again. What a fun time.
JEALOUS!!!!!
My day was spent trying to avoid confrontations with some black bears in West Virginia- Scouting a mountain top for a potential Constructability path where there was plenty of signs of fresh tracks, scratches on trees, Nibbles on vegetation and clearing of leaves. Felt like i was in the projects of NYC constantly calling out " yo Bear" The pics a little hard to see but when i came up on it it was clear as day. The Bear stepped in his own poop that was still way to fresh. The print is the bottom mess.
I would have much rather been watching kits. though i did get some crazy fungus and some baby birds will post tomorrow.
20190609_095324.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I love those little squirrely critters!
We have a feeder just for them, my lil girl goes crazy barking at them, then either ignore her or play chase. They are totally safe up on the railing of the deck.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have a pair that have their 4 pups at the bird feeders. So much fun to watch the little ones.
Our garden rabbit problem just got taken care of. I've had live traps out for 2 weeks. A pair of red tailed hawks caught one of the rabbits this morning but couldn't get it off the ground. I got my camera and caught this guy trying to steal it. The hawk ended up winning.
0610191330.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat! We don't have red tails here, that I have seen. Our hawks are the smaller variety. They go after the frogs, mice, snakes, birds, squirrels and probably the small baby type rabbits.

Ask a Question