C39DA7F1-CDBA-4B69-811A-1FFEB426F437.jpeg

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I've been finding monarch cocoons under my lotus leaves! Great place to stay nice and dry. My dill and parsley have been invaded- again! I planted tons of both in the butterfly garden but they seem to prefer my cooking herbs on the deck. Guess we will have more black swallowtails this year. Hopefully these will hatch out before spring.
030.JPG
031.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@addy1 Oh man do they love the Sedums! Never seen so many bees as on mine also! They are so easy to start also. Just break off a branch, stick in the ground and voila, another Sedum plant. They come in so many different varieties from short sprawling to very tall.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
A couple days ago I saw a monarch caterpillar crawling around on Joe Pye Weed in one of my birdhouse gardens, so I made sure to check back. It was doing the "J" yesterday, and today it was a chrysalis.
IMG_1575 copy.jpg

Directly below it, I saw something jump, and realized it was a Western Chorus Frog. This second one in three days, and I rarely ever see them. This one was particularly stunning. I tried to get it to pose on a leaf, but it wanted nothing to do with it, and I didn't want to further stress it out, so I let it be.
IMG_1579 copy.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine are full sun, I have one bunch in a shaded area, they do poorly. I do not water them at all. In fact water nothing except a few pots on the deck.

Ask a Question