JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found this Western chorus frog sitting on a 4x4 in the path in my native garden. This is the fourth chorus frog I've seen in my gardens over the past month. Pretty surprising, since I usually don't see any.

IMG_2532 copy.jpg

B

Burd

I call him floppy, last year he broke his pelvis on hip, leg? He couldnt put any weight on his one leg. He ate on the ground on his side. I always fed him, not he looks to find me now Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Burd

It looks like he sleeps upside down on his back his fur is matted ito a part going down his back.he still eats laying down lol.
here it does look parted though. He does keep his right back leg sticking out
CCC46478-724F-412E-83CF-589C35C96B3E.jpeg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your squirrel buddy! We feed ours peanuts in the shell, I buy bags of them at costco.

B

Burd

The squirrel rehabber I know yells at me for feeding them peanuts, lol. She says buy walnuts. It’s really just a treat. They don’t get big amounts of them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our neighbor planted walnut trees on his property and now we get them popping up all over in the Spring. Easy to pluck up but I don't need all those falling nuts to mow over so they get gone. The squirrels sure do love them tho. They did plant a red oak tree years ago and I kept that one :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They inhale the peanuts, I buy non salted ones in the shell.

Wonder why she said not to feed them peanuts.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well did a search

"Since these furry little guys love sunflower seeds and peanuts, it's easy for people to get carried away and feed them too many. It's not that sunflower seeds and peanuts are incredibly harmful to squirrels; it's just that they have very low nutritional value. Raw peanuts can be especially dangerous because they can harbor toxic mold. "

B

Burd

It’s a treat, they don’t get that many. I guess compare to almonds and walnuts, thetpy are prob better for them.
I had a squirrel,that I too’ care of for a long time, she lived 13 years. She was gray in the face like an old dog. She loved cinnamon rolls. git excited if I had one on my porch. , lol. I guess, whats the chance to find a Cinnamon roll Laying around out there, She lived long on sunflower hearts, peanuts and walnuts.
they love a payday candy bar too. Lmao

Ask a Question