Post your yard and pond visitors

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can buy self cling decals, they are like seen in ultra violet light to birds. I put a set on by bay and no more hitting. I need a couple more sets out back. It’s like $8 a set. I gt the ones that look like leaves. Your bird feed stores should have them or can order them for you.

Those are the ones I have up. They have been working great but I think the siding cleaner may have damaged them. Off to Amazon for another set.

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
You can’t tip or tilt, open the window? Have your window washer install them?

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am the window washer, they are stationary windows. The bottom of the windows are from 8 to 6 feet from the ground. The windows are 8 feet tall. And on a steep slope that goes down to the basement door and down in front also. I dislike heights, dislike being on a ladder, and it takes a fully extended latter to even reach the top of the big windows.

We have some work to do on the bottom of them the siding came off that was installed.
windows.JPG

window1.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh @addy1 you are brave! You need to finish that deck area outside so you have a place to stand on the ladder.
Not me, windows would just stay dirty or hire someone to do it, yikes!

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Gosh @addy1 you are brave! You need to finish that deck area outside so you have a place to stand on the ladder.
Not me, windows would just stay dirty or hire someone to do it, yikes!
I use a real long pole and a scrubber. Window wash stuff you spray on with the garden hose, scrub a bit then rinse. Works pretty good.

Reactions: j.w
Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I just saw a chipmunk still out, I’ve never seen one out this late , we got like 10” of snow last Monday, I’m surprised he’s still out.

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I thought they hibernate. I see his tunnel all open.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I read they don't but they hunker down in there underground dens:

Where Do Chipmunks Go During Cold Weather?

Chipmunks spend spring and summer building tunnels that extend deep into the ground. They collect enough food to last several months and then move to the lowest chambers in their burrows.

When Do Chipmunks Hibernate?

While not in true hibernation, chipmunks do enter a state of rest to conserve energy. From late fall to early spring, they spend the majority of their time sleeping underground. On warm days, chipmunks may wake to forage for food outside.

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
It was a warm day, he must have just come out for some food. Rite in front of his burrow, is the squirrel feeder and the bird feeder

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
That’s not my pic, lol.
I've just never seen chipmunks out this late.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BTW it is "raining" iguanas here. COLD snap...............ie down to mid 50's at night. The iguanas "freeze" in the trees and drop out of them fall to the ground. Once warmed up during the day they take off But it is raining them out of the trees.

Ad

Advertisements

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have iguanas in Maryland? Who knew? Wow, you have all kinds of critters!
No lol we are currently in Florida selling two rentals, we are so done with them.

The iguanas are down here, tons of them!

One tenant died this year, hoarder, kids would not come for stuff, had to get a lawyer and have a drop dead date for the junk. Another tenant died last year, food hoarder. Then a tenant threatened to move if we did not drop the rent, so we told her to go, then she stayed. She was already paying below market for the place. So we are selling the one that the tenant died this year and the one with the gal. The other one is his parents old house, we are keeping it empty for our use. All decent places but on the low end for buyers. IE cheap around 100k .

My nephew is stuck in cold maryland babysitting our house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
No lol we are currently in Florida selling two rentals, we are so done with them.

The iguanas are down here, tons of them!

One tenant died this year, hoarder, kids would not come for stuff, had to get a lawyer and have a drop dead date for the junk. Another tenant died last year, food hoarder. Then a tenant threatened to move if we did not drop the rent, so we told her to go, then she stayed. She was already paying below market for the place. So we are selling the one that the tenant died this year and the one with the gal. The other one is his parents old house, we are keeping it empty for our use. All decent places but on the low end for buyers. IE cheap around 100k .

My nephew is stuck in cold maryland babysitting our house.
[/QUOTE Well, I feel stupid............haha. I kept thinking of iguanas dropping frozen into the snow! Yeah, renters suck, 9 out of 10 end up trashing the place or making trouble................have fun in Florida! I lived in Cape Canaveral when I was a kid.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I feel stupid............haha. I kept thinking of iguanas dropping frozen into the snow! Yeah, renters suck, 9 out of 10 end up trashing the place or making trouble................have fun in Florida! I lived in Cape Canaveral when I was a kid.
Don't feel stupid, we manage to wander around a lot.

Marks grand parents and his parents lived down here, parents came down later in life from Maryland. This parents were in this house for 20 years, mom and dad failing so he used to come down here a lot to check on them and watch over them. Later in their life I joined Mark in checking on them and the nurses we hired to care for them.
He bought places to fix and rent out of boredom. His mom had alzheimer. His dad a bit of dementia. He would live with them check on their care then go and fix up a place.

We acquired their house when they both died 2 weeks apart, married 64 years.

Ad

Advertisements

Burd

Pond Scum
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
Let’s see a pic of those lizards.
a few years back I stayed at a hole in Tempe, the pool was beautiful, it had a lot of layered rocks in the landscape, this huge lizard would come out and sun in the afternoons is was huge.

Ask a Question