Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the mature iguana love his colors .
I never knew geccos were in the usa that little guy is so tiny

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I catch them in the house now and then. Move them back outside. Found one that was about a inch in size. It did not stay still long enough to grab a pic.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
We occasionally get a 5 lined skink in the house, but those little guys are impossible to catch! We just ignore them & hope to eventually either chase them back out, or that they find their way back out the same way they got in! lol If I could get them housebroken, I'd be more than happy to let them stay.

B

Burd

I need a better camera. Tonight’s menu, beefy Nachos. Lol he loved em,
2376ADC7-6067-4080-B49C-E3E5FA3294D6.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
unfortunately feeding wild life makes them more annoyance life, THEN WILD LIFE. they become dependent on us for an easy meal and they hang around our homes and our streets where they unfortunately wind up as road kill. or worse being poisoned by a neighbor who does not enjoy there company going in there trash. I have been in the mountains of west Virginia this last year and the only good view i got of some black bear was one that had been poisoned. And as it would be a neighbor close by had there trash spred about the yard almost daily and after we found the poisoned bear the trash was not seen again spread around the area. It can be very sad when mother nature comes for a free hand out they do now know any better

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our possums get free food, but it is because of nature, all the dead bees. They do snack on dropping bird seed also.

B

Burd

Yes, they count on me Nachos now, only on Fridays, Pizza on Wednesdays. Lol
they make their rounds every night, weather or not I feed them.

When I moved in, you Look at them and they run, now they look for me. Lol

Attachments

• FA41328B-78CD-45DD-B7BD-46E3B39C1F29.jpeg
    FA41328B-78CD-45DD-B7BD-46E3B39C1F29.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 99

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Burd I think they would be better eating foods that are meant for them to eat. Not our junk food that even we should not be eating :)

B

Burd

unfortunately feeding wild life makes them more annoyance life, THEN WILD LIFE. they become dependent on us for an easy meal and they hang around our homes and our streets where they unfortunately wind up as road kill. or worse being poisoned by a neighbor who does not enjoy there company going in there trash. I have been in the mountains of west Virginia this last year and the only good view i got of some black bear was one that had been poisoned. And as it would be a neighbor close by had there trash spred about the yard almost daily and after we found the poisoned bear the trash was not seen again spread around the area. It can be very sad when mother nature comes for a free hand out they do now know any better

I contacted a opossum Dietician, she’s going to make a a weekly meal schedule, balanced with fruits, nuts, bugs. I have noticed my opossum getting love handles. Maybe it’s just a beer belly. My neighbor puts micro brew selections out for him. Maybe he should serve a Light beer.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
Burd, I think its wonderful that you feed them snacks, it's a hard life for animals sometimes, especially in winter, and i'm sure they love pizza and nachos............I know i do!!

B

Burd

Lol. Who doesnt.
it’s just a snack. I don’t put pizzas out every night. Lol
its kinda like Happy Hour At Burds pond. :cool:
btw, they like Sushi too

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Burd

I had a squirrel i fed for 13 years. She loved cinnamon rolls. 13 years is pretty good. So go ahead and make those pillsbury cinnamon rolls. They won’t hurt you. Lol.

B

Burd

This isn’t a Bear, it’s an animal that will prob get hit by a car. Let him enjoy life a bit.

B

Burd

T
D7D6FE4B-D12A-426C-8EC5-B0E70DF5E4EE.jpeg
167ADCF3-61EF-485E-87D3-4756EABE9C03.jpeg
5693E9DE-28C6-4E1B-8314-4DBBA7591C5A.jpeg
F0798682-8A58-4794-9E26-9A5F10367318.jpeg

These 4 deer , well you can only see 2 in the pics were just out at my bird feeder ( pond ), I just replaced the screen a month ago, yesterday I put new screen on my point guard again, when it snowed a few weeks ago, a deer must have walked through looking for the pond, the whole screen was punched down in, Leaves in the water, I had to skim it like 3 times. What a mess.

Ask a Question