Post your yard and pond visitors

B

Burd

Maybe he likes the food I put out. Lol
503D7441-1242-4E83-8BA6-C0986ED4F0CD.jpeg

B

Burd

It was a warm day, he must have just come out for some food. Rite in front of his burrow, is the squirrel feeder and the bird feeder

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
BTW it is "raining" iguanas here. COLD snap...............ie down to mid 50's at night. The iguanas "freeze" in the trees and drop out of them fall to the ground. Once warmed up during the day they take off But it is raining them out of the trees.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have iguanas in Maryland? Who knew? Wow, you have all kinds of critters!
No lol we are currently in Florida selling two rentals, we are so done with them.

The iguanas are down here, tons of them!

One tenant died this year, hoarder, kids would not come for stuff, had to get a lawyer and have a drop dead date for the junk. Another tenant died last year, food hoarder. Then a tenant threatened to move if we did not drop the rent, so we told her to go, then she stayed. She was already paying below market for the place. So we are selling the one that the tenant died this year and the one with the gal. The other one is his parents old house, we are keeping it empty for our use. All decent places but on the low end for buyers. IE cheap around 100k .

My nephew is stuck in cold maryland babysitting our house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8-b
Country
United States
No lol we are currently in Florida selling two rentals, we are so done with them.

The iguanas are down here, tons of them!

One tenant died this year, hoarder, kids would not come for stuff, had to get a lawyer and have a drop dead date for the junk. Another tenant died last year, food hoarder. Then a tenant threatened to move if we did not drop the rent, so we told her to go, then she stayed. She was already paying below market for the place. So we are selling the one that the tenant died this year and the one with the gal. The other one is his parents old house, we are keeping it empty for our use. All decent places but on the low end for buyers. IE cheap around 100k .

My nephew is stuck in cold maryland babysitting our house.
[/QUOTE Well, I feel stupid............haha. I kept thinking of iguanas dropping frozen into the snow! Yeah, renters suck, 9 out of 10 end up trashing the place or making trouble................have fun in Florida! I lived in Cape Canaveral when I was a kid.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, I feel stupid............haha. I kept thinking of iguanas dropping frozen into the snow! Yeah, renters suck, 9 out of 10 end up trashing the place or making trouble................have fun in Florida! I lived in Cape Canaveral when I was a kid.

Don't feel stupid, we manage to wander around a lot.

Marks grand parents and his parents lived down here, parents came down later in life from Maryland. This parents were in this house for 20 years, mom and dad failing so he used to come down here a lot to check on them and watch over them. Later in their life I joined Mark in checking on them and the nurses we hired to care for them.
He bought places to fix and rent out of boredom. His mom had alzheimer. His dad a bit of dementia. He would live with them check on their care then go and fix up a place.

We acquired their house when they both died 2 weeks apart, married 64 years.

B

Burd

Let’s see a pic of those lizards.
a few years back I stayed at a hole in Tempe, the pool was beautiful, it had a lot of layered rocks in the landscape, this huge lizard would come out and sun in the afternoons is was huge.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This owl snatched something lower right side of the picture, near the bush. It looks like a small fish. Too cold to be a snake, it is 29f right now. You can see something in its beak. Seems to be wiggling.
Almost thought I would need to save it. Put up deer fencing on the bog side, the net is finally falling apart and the heron would have a good time snacking from the edge. But it walked the bog wall both ways then walked out the end to the right and flew away.

It is sitting on a piece of pvc that is holding the pond breather in one spot. Under the net. View attachment 125328View attachment 125329View attachment 125330View attachment 125331

View attachment 125333
heck addy if i had all the shubunkins you have i would get rid of the net and get myself some night goggles and watch the owl fish i love owls they are amazing creatures they could fly by you a foot away from you and odds are you wouldn't know it they are natures stealth dive bombers

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Could do that, but the heron would visit until it was empty of fish. It emptied one pond of fish and took about 1/2 of the other ponds fish due to a hole in the net. My smaller ponds

They used to come every day. We are in their flight path.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Let’s see a pic of those lizards.
a few years back I stayed at a hole in Tempe, the pool was beautiful, it had a lot of layered rocks in the landscape, this huge lizard would come out and sun in the afternoons is was huge.
I LOVED my arizona lizards, never sprayed any bug spray, the lizards took care of them.

Here are a few of the lizards here, pictures I have taken down here.
lizard1.JPG
lizard2.JPG
lizard3.JPG
lizard4.JPG

Ask a Question