Post your yard and pond visitors

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I caught some neat videos of our resident fox coming to eat the rib bones I put out. Then the deer herd moved in and chased the fox.
The main doe around 9:15 does a good stomp and off he goes.
I usually don't feed the deer but, one year the snow showed up in early November followed by an ice storm. It remained cold, and into February, the deer still couldn't scrape off the ice to get food. I put corn on a top to a large, tote, and the deer lined up each night. The doe would see to it the young ones ate first, and the bucks ate last. One time, one of the deer tried to cut in line, and a doe reared up and punched him. He went back to the end of the line.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see a lot of rearing, chasing, punching etc. We don't feed normally but this constant cold smack got us to buy some corn for them. They are inhaling my trees, plants anything they can dig up

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@addy1 with your little guys be very cautious with fox .. When my cocker was a pup about the size of your guys i was staying at a place in jersey out by the Delaware gap and a fox found myself and my pups. I now know why they say dumb like a fox. As that fox sat at the end of the drive and yipped and as he yipped my golden sat there looking at me asking if he could go chase the fox as they have to get permission before they can run off. he sat there whimpering and as soon as i said get um the fox disappeared into the brush. By the time the golden got to the end of the driveway the fox was gone golden running in circles sniffing away, When the fox popped up behind me and yipped. as he was less then 20 yards away . i called the golden he came running and the fox stepped again in the brush. Next i knew he was back at the end of the driveway looking down at us . that little Fox was very sly. this went back and for a few times until i just tossed the cocker pup in the rv and the fox went away. Guess he was hungry

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see a lot of rearing, chasing, punching etc. We don't feed normally but this constant cold smack got us to buy some corn for them. They are inhaling my trees, plants anything they can dig up.
with your little guys be very cautious with fox
I have only see it out during the night. We used to walk our one yorkie off leash, with me she is leashed period, hubby still does off leash.
I have warned him, going to tell him the above. The new pup is always leashed he is very fast and if it moves he goes for it. They are never outside without us.

I loss one of my pups to a coyote in AZ hubby did not listen to me.

This hubby knows it would be horrible if one is loss on his watch due to not wanting to put a leash on two dogs that chase anything that moves.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I was a Byrd and then I married a Wrenn.
We made a nice nest together for 52 yrs of marriage Feb 15th
1613758513077.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow that is beyond amazing there mi Lady, my Goodness I wish we could clone you both and have you teach in our school system today. You both are inspirational and very lucky. My best to you both. Rub elbows with people every where you go.

Wishing i had a @j.w Congratulations banner.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We married toooo old to make that marriage mileage. Did make 18 with first, till he passed.
Congrats @j.w

Ask a Question