addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The groomers! They have groomed our yard well!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They have been coming up right next to the back of our house snacking on fallen bird seed and a bird block I put out.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This morning at the stream

06C18273-C39F-476A-97EF-5229BBCECD68.jpeg

B

Burd

Heres Nosers, , LOL. She had a injured nose, which I thought was a tick lodged in her nose, she’s real friendly.
I gave her a RX walnut when her nose was all inflamed. You can still see it’s slightly cut this should be in the rehab thread, I wasn’t thinking. Move it if you like.

C87DB7CD-8154-441B-A593-2BC98E7A1697.jpeg

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The groomers came back today. Usually when the bog is running they don't walk in it and eat, guess they like the taste of the plants. She is on the yellow flag clump.

The deck pond is full of big tads, ie green frogs, they overwinter as tadpoles. When walking out there all you see is water movement as they swim to hide.

Screenshot 2021-03-13 065040.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-13 065113.jpg

C

corgi

Wood ducks today. Spring has arrived.

A pair of wood ducks arrived today. They make lots of happy noises when they first land.
There is just a tiny bit of ice left on the pond, and that is when they usually arrive.
As early as mid Febuary to early April. A couple hours after they showed up, a pair of
mergansers showed up as well. We usually get them for a week or two on their way north.
Seeing both pairs together was a treat.

I've chased off three different pair of geese that have landed in the last week. Usually
I'm out the door scaring them up before they get comfortable. Talk loudly and wave a big
leaf rake over my head. They like to talk to me when their leaving. I scared the most recent
pair away yesterday, and then today the wood ducks and mergansers show up. Spring at last.

f5TDanoh.jpg

fYjNYsih.jpg

37VhlKLh.jpg

cOwSmPdh.jpg

EG59LbCh.jpg

OWcpNCmh.jpg

kedqqUMh.jpg

3nCQ3zHh.jpg

Ask a Question