j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Can I upload a video of a fish I'm trying to identify?
Most do it by putting it on Youtube and then sharing to the forum. Youtube has instructions on how to do this. Just make sure you make it public or it won't show up here.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make a free youtube account. / upload a photo by clicking on ➕ to ad a video make a name for the video/ click NOT FOR KIDS/ it restricts the video in bizarre ways if you do/ click next and the video will start to load/ there will be a address where the video can be found copy that and post that address to a post here

Reaction score
Country
United States
koi or goldfish Can anyone identify the dark gray / black fish? He was part of 70 plus babies we had 3 years ago, we have only had koi and goldfish in our pond. He doesn't have barbels so tells me not koi. His dorsal fin I can't really tell if it goes all the way to the tail. Goldfish will have a space between the two. The only black goldfish I see are black mor and he's not one of them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nkY8_XqTEnKy6NxCA1ZDA

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
koi or goldfish Can anyone identify the dark gray / black fish? He was part of 70 plus babies we had 3 years ago, we have only had koi and goldfish in our pond. He doesn't have barbels so tells me not koi. His dorsal fin I can't really tell if it goes all the way to the tail. Goldfish will have a space between the two. The only black goldfish I see are black mor and he's not one of them. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nkY8_XqTEnKy6NxCA1ZDA
That's one way to post it but another way is to copy the link up in your browser bar or click the share button on you tube and copy.
Either way works:
1.png

Or:
23.png

34.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7
Country
United States
Likely a hybrid based on your description, but he looks more like a Koi than a goldfish IMHO.

Ask a Question