powerfull new pump

Reaction score
I found the water leak,.It was a big one. The ice must have broke a pease of the hose. Thank you for your help. RDK.

RDK, very glad to hear that you have isolated or p[in-pointed the source of the leak. Kudos on that! I hope that it won't be too intensive to repair. Good luck to you for the future on this system.

Gordy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I found the water leak,.It was a big one. The ice must have broke a pease of the hose. I already put in a 2" Y spliter at that point and clamped on my my extra 2" hose that I had, to the side of the pond. I found that by rasing or lowering the side hose I can greatly control the force of both waterfalls. Top off the pond and now will see what happens tomarrow morning. Thank you for your help. RDK.
Fantastic! better to find a leak then wondering where the heck is my water going to! Glad you found it and it was fixable.

rdk

Reaction score
I would like to replace my 2" hose with a 1" hose for my new waterfall outlet from my new spliter. I would like to bury this hose. Can I use 1"" rubber hose or should I stay with 1" plastic hose? Also could an animal have caused a leak in my 2" plastic hose to cause me trouble in the first place. Thank you RDK

Reaction score
If you are going to bury it I would suggest a rigid PVC rather than a hose. I say that because it is less likely to be crushed or spring a leak underground, which could be hard to find.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I only use rigid and test it a lot before it gets buried. We have too many munching critters to trust to rubber hose.

Reaction score
RDK,

I agree with Dieselplower and Addy on the use of rigid PVC pipe, especially for burial. Flexible hoses and tubing might be fine inside a pump box where you are restricted on space and need to make some "creative" bends. In such applications, you can easily access the area and if there is a leak, you can spot it right off and replace or repair the hose, but you can't do that if it is buried underground.

With 1" or even larger rigid PVC tubing, you can make shallow, long radius bends for undergound burial by heating the tube with a good heat gun. If you are very cautious and applied some practice, you could also do this with a propane torch. Heating the PVC just enough to allow a bend to start taking shape is all you want to do, no more than that or the tubing will melt and collapse on you or even burn or char. You would want to experiment with short pieces of scrap PVC tubing to become adept. Heating the tubing uniformly all around the outside perimeter and not on just one side will aid in keeping the shape of the pipe from flattening or creasing. Creating bends in the tubing this way would prove beneficial as the fewer fittings (ells and elbows and such) will reduce the restrictions on the water flow and also reduce the possibilities of leaks due to a poorly glued fitting joint.

Gordy

Ask a Question