United States
interesting. They are cool. But I like the normal shubunkins

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I found the guy who breed these fish. He's from Indonesia. I just read a few of his post here http://goldfishkeepers.com/community/threads/batik-ranchu.2593/page-2
he said the offspring hardly got the scale like this.

I know Raingarden sold some mirror scale goldfish a few months ago. they are pretty interesting too but i like the swirl of the batik better.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
At first it just looks wrong, like a really sick fish. But if they turn out to be a new breed then they'll be accepted in the gold fish community. I'd like too see the 'mirror scaled' ones.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It reminded me of the Chinese guardian lions.. with the swirl scales like that. I think it's cool. I do like something unusual :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
It reminded me of the Chinese guardian lions.. with the swirl scales like that. I think it's cool. I do like something unusual :)

I'm with you @Nepen I love all the exotic type fancy goldfish. This particular one reminds me of the abyssinian guinea pig. They have a coat that looks like swirls or cowlicks called rosettes. Too cute!

Ask a Question