So Pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I don't know where else to post this, but I just looked at some of the showcase photographs and I have to say, you ALL deserve awards! Some of them are so lovely they literally bring tears to my eyes! It's not likely that I will ever have anything even close to the large, gorgeous retreats that many of you have created (unless I win the lottery) so I will be content with what I do have. But I just had to say, WOW! They are so beautiful, it's hard not to be jealous. Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I agree with @NotMyCircus, the ponds I have seen from the members here are phenomenal! I did a quick search and noticed there aren't any posts with pictures from your pond however. I would love to see it even if you don't believe it's as nice as other ponds here. My pond is no where close to the typical backyard pond since it's relatively small and entirely above ground, but I'm still super proud of it. You should show yours off so we can all appreciate it as well! (y)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's not likely that I will ever have anything even close to the large, gorgeous retreats that many of you have created (unless I win the lottery)

There are a lot of great ponds on this forum! I think my favorite is still @RobAmy's. I love the overall shape and I can't get over the picture perfect stream. I love @addy1's too, especially with that amazing bog!

My pond was a dream I had since I was a kid, but, like you, I will never win the lottery.
I had to plan things as cheaply as possible. With almost every single detail, I went as cheap as possible. It was the only way I was going to be able to do it. The liner was the most expensive thing, by far. I couldn't go cheap on that. The flagstone around my pond was probably the second most expensive thing, but I bought the cheapest stuff the landscape company had, so it wasn't terribly expensive. Everything else was a few bucks here and there, whenever it was affordable. Never thought I'd be able to do it, but I did! I still can't believe it.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree with @NotMyCircus, the ponds I have seen from the members here are phenomenal! I did a quick search and noticed there aren't any posts with pictures from your pond however. I would love to see it even if you don't believe it's as nice as other ponds here. My pond is no where close to the typical backyard pond since it's relatively small and entirely above ground, but I'm still super proud of it. You should show yours off so we can all appreciate it as well! (y)
I totally agree with this!
@NotMyCircus Even a very small pond has it's charm, I would love it if you shared pics of your pond :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
There are a lot of great ponds on this forum! I think my favorite is still @RobAmy's. I love the overall shape and I can't get over the picture perfect stream. I love @addy1's too, especially with that amazing bog!

My pond was a dream I had since I was a kid, but, like you, I will never win the lottery.
I had to plan things as cheaply as possible. With almost every single detail, I went as cheap as possible. It was the only way I was going to be able to do it. The liner was the most expensive thing, by far. I couldn't go cheap on that. The flagstone around my pond was probably the second most expensive thing, but I bought the cheapest stuff the landscape company had, so it wasn't terribly expensive. Everything else was a few bucks here and there, whenever it was affordable. Never thought I'd be able to do it, but I did! I still can't believe it.
Thank you JB

Ask a Question