Pump help

Reaction score
Country
United States
USA
Any experts in pump diagnostics??
Advantage ES8500, two of them, about 1 & 2 years old.
There's always a problem. Used to be the capacitors would blow up every 6-8mo. To fix that, I installed dedicated lines and breakers to run them and only them. 20amp breakers and wire. Got new pumps, the current ones.
Fast forward to last week. Had to unplug them for a few days. Yesterday, I turned them back on.
I went outside this morning and one is not moving water!
No sounds at all. No clog.
What else can make the pump impeller not start?
If it's the capacitor again, advantage pumps needs to go out of business!! 🤬 I've wasted thousands on these pumps and parts.
Screenshot_20240131_132002_Gallery.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have had my pump now 6 years . it's a performance pro artesian 2 12000 gph and has almost run straight for the 6 years every winter has been different. this winter i shut down just two weeks ago last year i didn't shut down though i should have.

i'm not a fan of digital controls and i do know if i don't see Baldor on the PUMP then i know its not the best it can be Baldor is recognized as the pump of pumps. Now mind you its not the pump as a unit it's the pump as in what actually throws the water. the motor to turn the Baldor IN MY CASE IS PERFORMANCE PRO. Sorry for caps

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my pump now 6 years . it's a performance pro artesian 2 12000 gph and has almost run straight for the 6 years every winter has been different. this winter i shut down just two weeks ago last year i didn't shut down though i should have.

i'm not a fan of digital controls and i do know if i don't see Baldor on the PUMP then i know its not the best it can be Baldor is recognized as the pump of pumps. Now mind you its not the pump as a unit it's the pump as in what actually throws the water. the motor to turn the Baldor IN MY CASE IS PERFORMANCE PRO. Sorry for caps

They no longer sell the pumps without the digital display. My previous ones didn't have it. I wasn't happy to pay more for this useless feature. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
if you have had 4 pumps or even if its two pumps and i had issues with them within a year each. i would check to make sure that the pump was the right head pressure for the job. and if it was then it's time to cut losses and buy another brand of pump

Ask a Question