pump pipe work leaking

Reaction score
hey everyone, in the middle of installing a new pond and waterfall, but im having an issue with leaking with the pipes.

im using 25mm anit kink flexi hose and normal BSP hosetails and hose clamps, yet its still leaking at the joints, as stupid as it may sound i just cant get them the seal, clamps are tight, i've trimmed the hose down to make sure the end was'nt shitty.

I dont know what step to take next.

This should be pretty straight forward, but im having no luck.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this may help...i was having one joint that leaked..so wrapped the ribs on the hose nipple with a couple turns of electical tape ( just where i put the clamp), took care of it...3rd year...not a drop.

Reaction score
i was thinking of thread tape cause it was handy, is it that the ribs on the pipe itself are causing an unequal amount pf presssure over the pipe to cause the leak?

Reaction score
are you saying you have them clamped down with the stainless steel clamps. Hmmm....interesting. Perhaps some plumbers tape and/or plumbers putty around the joints might help.

Reaction score
ahhh, are those clamps the ones with two rings? damn, im using the clamps you use on radiator hoses for expample.

Let me guess, those clamps you showed me sit either side of the rib on the hose?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Does the hose fit tight on the fitting ?
If not i would wrap it with teflon tape
If one clamp dosent seal it , use two

stroppy

stroppy
Reaction score
vyls1wa said:
ahhh, are those clamps the ones with two rings? damn, im using the clamps you use on radiator hoses for expample.

Let me guess, those clamps you showed me sit either side of the rib on the hose?

yes they do .... but the clamp you have should work if you put some tape before you fit the hoze

Reaction score
vyls1wa said:
That should do it if the clamps are the right size. If they're too big, the band won't be circular, and the hose will leak. I've you've got a bunch of extra strap sticking out past the screw, try smaller clamps.

Ask a Question