QT QUESTION -- USING KIDDIE POOL

Reaction score
Just for comparison sakes, I checked my pond temp [surface] at 7:15 AM - 79 degrees F. At 3:00 PM - 81 degrees F. This is an inground pond 2 ft to 3 ft deep, under oak canopy. East side of house. Latitude 28.76 I was planning to check it again around 6PM but it's starting to rain, so that would probably be a false reading.

Reaction score
That's my concern. I've looked at them a few times, and keep worrying about blowing a leak and that ring deflating ... A short term QT (or for fry) it may work just fine, but I keep getting hung up on that dang top ring ...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
once the pool is full, the ring on top can go pretty flat, and the rest of the pool will still hold water,. you dont fill the pool all the way up onto the ring anyways. but keeping up on the ring isnt much of a problem. weve had a couple intex pools over the years.

Reaction score
HTH nice video. The cull fish look really great. Too bad I am not closer. :(

On the inflatable ones, I have had a cat put holes in it.

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
tazcat70 said:
HTH nice video. The cull fish look really great. Too bad I am not closer. :(

On the inflatable ones, I have had a cat put holes in it.
Thanks. I had to cull as I was going through a bag of koi food a month mostly feeding fish I did not want. Mostly unremarkable undecolored single tales.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
BIG LOTS...YEAH! i dont have to order one...this is actually cheaper and less chance of freight damage... 640 gals.
810055383-3.jpg
a copy & paste from their online circular
$40
Intex® 8' x 30" Easy Set® Pool

• In Store Only

HTH

Howard
Reaction score
I know you need the height for the koi koiguy. Elsewhere I read that you need to watch out for water getting into the inflatable ring. I really do not know how often that happens with these.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i've had one of these pools.. my neighbor had one for 5 years or so...neither of us had any issues. i had the 12' my neighbor had the 18'... he got a builtin,i got a 15' framed... thats where my pond is now..

Ask a Question