RAIN!!!! Arggghhh!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I know it would be a blessing elsewhere, but my pond is 2-3" over what it should be. Getting a lot of staining too, and it was just starting to clear up!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Sky dog in a minute you'll be counting your blessings and praying for rain to come my young friend :LOL:

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
image.jpg

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. My water has gone brown (quite a change from the usual green). I'm also having problems with run off. We are having severe weather, flooding etc. Hoping it starts to clear up, but today is cloudy again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Im in Chicago and we have been getting a ton of rain. 3", 3", and 1" over three days in a single week. I have my pond build to take 2-3" or rain. I then usea water pump to pump out the excess. Even dropped the waterlevel in adavnce of a recent rain fall. Managing it this way for now. Nornally, 2-3" of rain does not happen this frequently.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Within a week we have also gotten more rain than usual - 4 1/2 inches. It has changed my water hardness from 120 to 60. Is anyone else concerned that all the rain is making their pond water soft?

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
We've had a ton of rain recently! I don't have an overflow this time around, but will have to fix that! I hate having to go out and drain the pond just to keep it from overflowing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a/5b
Yup, that was a ridiculous amount of rain we had early last week. The overflow pipe on my pond came in handy. I also think the heavy rain/possible run-off really threw off the water chemistry again--the string algae showed back up in droves a few days ago.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have gotten severe storms every night for 2 weeks and it just got done raining today .I just got done trimming the yard when this rain came in .Yard is squishy wet

Ask a Question