raiseing my edge

lee

Reaction score
hi all as anyone any suggestion on how to raise the edge ov my pond View attachment 3418 a wont to raise the edges with the red lines any help will be great thanks

Attachments

• aaaaab.jpg
    aaaaab.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 327

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Pull the top of the liner back and raise the low spots

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
How high do you want to raise it? JUST ENOUGH TO LEVEL IT? OR DO YOU WANT TO ADD DEPTH TO THE POND? AND HOW MUCH EXTRA LINER IS AROUND THE POND?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
this is what i would do then. get some pressure treated 2x10s ( i would paint them for added sealing against contact with soil) and some metal conduit.10 footers of conduit are like $2.00 at Lowes..cut them in 3s so youve got stakes to drive in the ground. build a frame just slightly larger than your pond so when you drive in the stakes they arent right at pond holes edge. put them maybe 6" back from edge. and use a level and fasten the frame to the stakes.. you will have a perfectly level pond and a negative horizon. lap the liner over the 2x10s before back filling dirt up to the frame, then compact dirt, put down some weed clothe, border stone,etc..

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
remember..the stakes go on the outside of the frame. pound them in so they are an inch or so below the top of the 2x10s...use plenty of stakes. fill the pond within an inch or 2 from the top so you can adjust level if neccessary before backfilling the dirt around frame and overlapped liner. and really slap the paint on the 2x10s heavy...it doesnt have to be pretty, its just has to seal up the wood!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good way to do that koiguy, doing good there lee, keep working on it!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks great!, the only thing I would do now is try to hide the edge of the liner that is showing above the water line. Pull the rocks out a little over the liner or add a little more water.

You have done a good job on raising your pond.

lee

Reaction score
a am doing wen this rain stops and if a raise the water any more it will be rite at the top and if we get any more heavy rain it will just over flow wich a dont relly wont

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This is a good test then to see what the rain will do. Did you put in any overflow tubes?
With the pond higher than the rest of the ground, the water would tend to follow the liner overlap and go out into the yard.

lee

Reaction score
true and no a dint this is my very 1st pond so a fink a will learn alot from it and all the help from on here and a shal fill it up now an will be happy to let u no what happens

Ask a Question