addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are very welcome, glad I could help.

Remember to seal around the pvc or the water will just flow around the pipe not through it. You could just take plastic bags with some dirt or sand in them, to make a temporary seal as you check it out.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
lee said:
a am doing wen this rain stops and if a raise the water any more it will be rite at the top and if we get any more heavy rain it will just over flow wich a dont relly wont

A free water change is not bad for a pond...
Your stones will hold the fish in ..
My lower pond has one small notch to let the water over flow were i want it to spill out
Being 10" above the ground you can rock a small creek,or little water fall away from your pond edge
Put a piece of scrap liner under the rocks

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Having a strategically placed low spot for overflow is genius, DrCase. Planning the evacuation of unwanted water is a good thing to do.

Reaction score
I am planning to build a 6x4x2 outdoor pond on the cement floor. I am using 2x4 and plywood and liner. I am worry about the plywood on the bottom will get a lot of moisture. Could I use the timber wood or block to raised my pond up to 4 inches above ground. Please help. Thanks,

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I would just use the concrete for the bottom forget the wood !

Reaction score
If you really must have the base 4" above the concrete floor, use 4" concrete cap blocks with 3/4" pressure-treated plywood on top. The blocks will have spaced closely to handle the weight of water, but will keep you off the ground. All available from Depot or Lowe's.

Reaction score
Here are the picture to raise my pond. Please help, thanks.

Attachments

• P241010_09.09.jpg
    P241010_09.09.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 209

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If we are advising you to use the concrete floor, why do you keep asking for help to raise it and add a plywood floor to your structure? It not only adds to your cost, but it creates other problems as well.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
exactly why do you want to raise the floor? the only reason i can think of for raising it would be if i wanted to incorporate a bottom drain to accomodate the plumbing.

Reaction score
Thanks for your advised.
The reasson I want to raise my pond, because my pond will be sitting outdoor on the cement floor. I am worry the wood frame on the bottom will get rotten when it rain. Am I worry too much? Thanks,

Ask a Question