Rick Simpsons Help Oil Story

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Don't know about Oilberta, but here they're considering selling the liquor store franchise to private interests, so it really wouldn't make much difference. :cautious:
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
We have private liquor stores here. I prefer the government run outlets - they look and feel much more professional.
There are a few exceptions that are very nice high end liquor stores.

But from what I've seen on the news in Vancouver and Colorado, a lot of the marijuana shops look pretty fly-by-night.
I would worry about quality control and security in places like that.

Reaction score
I like the idea of selling it through existing liquor store outlets.
There is already a good system in place for not selling to minors.

I don't like what I've seen so far with "pot shops" that I've seen in the news.
We also need to get our banking system set up to accept deposits from pot sales.

One of my brothers neighbours sells pot illegally on the street, we'll call him Bill. Bill's son own and operates one of these medical marijuana shops. Guess where Bill gets the pot he sells on the street?
There is one undeniable fact, people are going to keep using pot whether it's legal or not, and right now pretty much all profits go directly into the hands of criminals (tax free). Better to stop wasting tax money policing it, and wasting more tax money and court time prosecuting people for it, and wasting even more tax money imprisoning people for it, and finally turn it around so the money is no longer flowing into the hands of criminals, but instead goes towards legitimate businesses, taxes and community services. And if by some miracle it cures somebody's cancer along the way, all the better. (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Black market and legal pot shop prices are apparently the same now in Colorado.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the black market product.

How the heck can a person tell how much THC or CBD there is in a pot plant?
With alcohol, you can use a hydrometer to tell the alcohol content. THC and CBD have very different effects and make a huge difference to the user.

I know someone that is a medical marijuana patient, so I am somewhat familiar with this topic.(y)
It's great to see some progress being made.

Reaction score
Black market and legal pot shop prices are apparently the same now in Colorado.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the black market product.

How the heck can a person tell how much THC or CBD there is in a pot plant?
With alcohol, you can use a hydrometer to tell the alcohol content. THC and CBD have very different effects and make a huge difference to the user.

I know someone that is a medical marijuana patient, so I am somewhat familiar with this topic.(y)
It's great to see some progress being made.

That is a very good point. This is one reason I'm not really in favour of the selling of consumables (cookies, brownies, etc...) with pot in them. With the potency of the pot out there now it would be very easy to eat too much and over dose. It may not kill you or do any lasting harm, but it could certainly render you non-functional without meaning to, and for quite a while too. It takes a lot longer for the THC to get out of your system when you consume pot then it does if you smoke it. Also it's hard to tell a pot brownie from your Granny's brownies (although now a days they may be one in the same ;)). Point is they could easily get forgotten about or misplaced, and we all know how keen little toddlers are to get into the cookie jar, even when they are told not to. But how often do toddlers sneak into their parents stash and light up or try to take sips out of a bottle of Jack Daniel's?
And as far as smoking goes, the newest and healthiest (and stealthiest) way is to use vaporizers.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Well shucks, and were soooo close to winning the war on drugs. :p

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see how the government tries to restrict it once it's legalized. Unlike alcohol or tobacco, pot is the easiest thing to grow.
What are they doing in Washington and Colorado to restrict it?

I think it was Colorado that legalized marijuana on the same day that they legalized gay marriage. So, the old bible adage holds true "If a man should lie with a man, he should be stoned".

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-01-17-20-16-46.png

Ask a Question