Rick Simpsons Help Oil Story

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Who is going to pay for the research into medical marijuana?
It's going to be an election issue for our country next year.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Who is going to pay for the research into medical marijuana?
It's going to be an election issue for our country next year.
I have been actively researching this topic since I was 16, and I am most willing to offer myself for "human trials" ha ha ha for Free Too!!! he he he

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just noticed that Hemp to Help change also just today or was it yesterday? Thought it was just me and that it said Help since the beginning and I just missed it.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I first noticed it about two months ago, but was waiting for someone else to point it out. It DID say HEMP, didn't it?? :confused:
John

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
was the name changed to keep from drawing unwanted attention from prying eyes, robots, agencies, etc...? cuz it was hemp when I started it!!! but with all the help it offers with so many conditions, "HELP" is also a suitable word.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I figured it was something of the sort, Mark. Either that, or I've gone TOTALLY senile.o_O
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If I was a doctor, I too, would hesitate prescribing medical marijuana after reading this article.
http://boingboing.net/2014/11/18/everything-you-need-to-know-ab.html
There is simply not enough information available to physicians to make an informed decision that could help their patients.
There should be a way for studies to be conducted so that MM (medical marijuana) is available for studies and tests.
Prescribing doctors presently have the ability to speak to pharmaceutical company reps to obtain more information regarding whatever drug the pharmaceutical company is producing. There are no reps yet that can provide accurate information for MM.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My nephew who had a brain tumor removed when he was 3 yrs old had to have lots of horrible treatments afterwards and he has been relying on the M.M for several yrs now as it provides pain relief for him. He has lots of joint issues and aging issues from all his hormones being out of whack. The treatments stopped his growth and he had to take many meds to help him grow. He smokes the stuff but I wish he would switch to the oil kind as it might help him more. I think he enjoys the high tho that he gets from smoking it and I don't believe you get that from the oil.

Reaction score
If I was a doctor, I too, would hesitate prescribing medical marijuana after reading this article.
http://boingboing.net/2014/11/18/everything-you-need-to-know-ab.html
There is simply not enough information available to physicians to make an informed decision that could help their patients.
There should be a way for studies to be conducted so that MM (medical marijuana) is available for studies and tests.
Prescribing doctors presently have the ability to speak to pharmaceutical company reps to obtain more information regarding whatever drug the pharmaceutical company is producing. There are no reps yet that can provide accurate information for MM.
Mitch that is a good article and touches on a couple reasons I never like ingesting M when I use to use it recreationally. First of all it took far too long to feel the effects, and second the high lasted too long and didn't have the same high to it that smoking it had.
I remember my first experience making tea with some homegrown stuff we had. Basically all leaves, no flower buds or anything, so it was pretty weak stuff. We knew we'd have to drink a lot to feel any effects at all, and we must had drunk two large pots of the tea. After about 3 or 4 hours we ended up not getting any high at all, so we just gave up and I went home and went to bed. Next morning I woke up and was feeling strange all morning, it wasn't until after I had my breakfast I remembered all the tea we drank the night before and realized why I felt so strange. The high was so unlike smoking the stuff that I just didn't realize what was happening to me. I really didn't enjoy it, and it lasted all day. I had some things to do that day and didn't want to be high, I just want to feel normal again and have all my faculties. The whole experience was quite irritating. And that was with some weak grade stuff, I couldn't imagine someone who'd never smoked pot before getting seriously high on the potent stuff they have now a days, and trying to cope with everyday life. I'm sure they could get use to it, but they'd really want to start with very small doses or try smoking it first.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That's the thing - without knowing the dosage that someone is taking could possibly do mare harm than good. (I'm referring to the user's attitude towards MM, not actual physical harm) Scaring the user about the drug instead realizing it's full benefits.

I watched that movie, btw, and found it to be boring and a sad commentary about the times.
I had Rocky Horror for my teenage cult movie. I don't think Tim Curry (the main actor) will ever live that down.

Ask a Question