164645_241625389295837_1985287678_n.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I saw a good documentry on CNN about how medicial marijuana helps many people with many conditions. People need to stop being small minded and be more open, but sadly some police and some lawmakers still see it as a threat!!

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
a bit of medical history... before big money "man made chemical pharmacueticals" decided you cant patent a natural medicine, so theres not enough money in it!
407050_10150494747660942_175868780941_9211630_665470942_n.jpg
Unfortunately so was cocaine, morphine, opium and heroin, mostly suspended in 100proof alcohol. All professing to cure everything from constipation to colic in babies! In fact they used all of these drugs above including cannabis, in cough syrup for children, until 1923.

Reaction score
Cannabis is a gateway drug, leading the user to harder drugs like aspirin and cough syrup.

Just kidding, no such link has ever been found.

Actually this is the most in depth web site I have found on illegal drugs, including cannabis. If you seriously take the time to compare cannabis to any of the other drug listed on that web site you'll realize it should not even be listed among them. http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Marijuana#sthash.OKwAVXcw.dpbs

I have a suspicion that many of the health benefits of cannabis are exaggerated, or at best, inconclusive. But I know for a fact that the harmful effects of cannabis have been greatly exaggerated and misaligned way out of proportion to comparable "drugs" (eg. alcohol, tobacco). In fact I hate to consider these drugs comparable because both those products have a long well documented history of serious health effects and death, and yet cannabis use has relatively no conclusive data showing long term detrimental health effects.
If you research the reason cannabis became an illicit drug, you'll see that it was purely a political one, and had nothing to do with protecting people's health. Unfortunately once it became an illegal drug it's sales and distribution went underground and criminals and drug dealers have benefited ever since, and since the sales and revenue of cannabis continue to increase every year, so does this huge underground business. If you want to continue to see these criminals and drug dealers benefit from this huge flow of cash, by all means continue to support keeping cannabis an illegal drug. Personally I'd like to pull the rug out from under them, see cannabis made legal, and change the direction of that flow of money. But that's just me. :dunno:

Reaction score
We use a lot of hemp oil over here (on sale freely in supermarkets and a very good friend of mine is the UK sales manager for the biggest hemp grower in the UK and Europe) and it is probably the best oil for cooking there is. It doesn't "burn" when shallow frying so meat doesn't end up with charred bits all over it, has all the essential omegas and amino acids with none of the bad stuff that is associated with traditional vegetable or animal oils. Hemp milk is also popular over here as well as hemp cereals. The most popular product is hulled hemp which is the seeds that have had the shell removed.

Braham & Murray are the company that manufacture it all.

My GP keeps recommending using cannabis for my MS and other medical problems, but he will not prescribe it (even in Sativex spray) as my health has not deteriorated to the latter stages where it is required for a comfortable life.

Ask a Question