Run off from overflow drain

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I DO LOVE MY CISTERN.

I actually came up with an idea of how to double the swim area of the pond. It won't be all that deep about 3 feet deep which is plenty. but i will have to remove my negative edge.

the idea is to remove the negative edge boulder then the small catch pool on the other side will get quite large about 30 feet long and it could be any width id like. but im leaning toward keeping it narrow like 10 feet so its easy to manage and clean. This would be built ontop of the cistern. " think i'm a bit sick with my fish?

I could remove the cistern making the swim area 6 feet deep again like the main pond but i don't think I want to flirt with the bottle dump again that my cistern sits in.

This is to also get my pump closer to the bog. So after building the pond extension" again " i would then have about a 6 foot drop down to the base of the bog. The whole idea being creating a very cool typical looking Stream and waterfalls to the back area and have the pump just have to push the water up 8 feet and not have to push it the 60 feet and up 8 feet that it does now.

yeah i know i'm sick

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I DO LOVE MY CISTERN.

I actually came up with an idea of how to double the swim area of the pond. It won't be all that deep about 3 feet deep which is plenty. but i will have to remove my negative edge.
Oh dear... What we have here is an acute case of Modern Design Aquascaping overdose. Note the eyes looking off into the distance. Note the murmurs in his sleep about "secret grottos under the falls" and "swim pond right out the window"! Yes folks, this is a serious case!

yeah i know i'm sick

Well, that's the first step. There are probably groups you can join where you introduce yourself with, "My name is GBBud and I'm a pond addict." What the steps are after that, I don't know, as I've never gotten quite that deep in. I can stop any time I like.

Pardon me though, gotta go watch April Dugan do some edging in the sandbox....

Ask a Question