seal of approval!

Reaction score
it only took a year and a half but i finally got my seal of approval! the frog(s) have arrived.

Attachments

• frog1.jpg
    frog1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 384
  • frog2.jpg
    frog2.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 364

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic! Love frogs!

Like the rock work you show, what does the rest of it look like?

Reaction score
the big pond was put on hold this year because i got called back in the army. no big deal though, there's always next year. my wife has been taking care of our pond this year (she took these pics) and i think she is doing a great job! i guess the one positive about having to wait a year is i've had a lot of time to research and figure out exactly what i want to do. probably too much time (if you ask my wife), as i've decided that next year i'm putting in 2 ponds. there's just too much cool stuff out there. one never seems to be enough!

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Hey, that's cool. Called back? IRR?

They can't call me back anymore. I went in in '90 as a 19D (cav scout), cross trained in commo (31U), got out in '96.

Went back as 11B in 1997, just to prove I still could be a grunt at 35. Now I'm out, after 8 years of service and about to turn 38, I don't think they'll bother me any more unless it gets really serious, and I'm needed again. Had a lot of FO friends here and there, used to have fun mortaring stuff with 'em.

Reaction score
yeah irr. it was a bit of a shocker. a bunch of the guys i got called back with are 19d's where were you stationed? i was at hood when i was still in. got out in 2007

hewhoisatpeace

Evil Genius
Reaction score
Sucks, man. I was 19D back in 1990, Knox OSUT then Stuart. Went to Sill in '92 for the commo, shuffled around a bit 'til I got out in '96.

I went back 11B at Campbell this last hitch.

Reaction score
well it is what it is, but it's almost over. i'm hoping to be home by december or january. so i'm definitely on the downhill side. i was hoping to get r & r in the summer so i could do some ponding while i still had good weather, but i don't go til november and november in oregon is pretty rainy! that's one of the worst parts of this whole process, missing spring and summer and having to wait til next year for all my pond plans. oh well.

Ask a Question