Should I feed these fish ?

Woody

Reaction score
We recently puchased a home that had a small fish pond that has 4 goldfish. The house was vacant for over a year and the fish had not been fed during that time, nor have I offered them any treats. I took the advice of a few folks on the forum and finally got around to cleaning the pond and setting up a bio filter. I can now see the fish even when they swim to the bottom...and they continue to seem as though they are thriving....so how are they nourished...and should I feed them ?

Thanks...I still have lots to learn

Reaction score
i was in a similar situation with our smaller pond. there were 3 stout goldies in there. i got 60 goldfish from petco added them and started feeding the lot. now, whenever i even walk by they're scrambling looking for food. i think it really helps you connect with them. i can get right up close and drop the sinking pellets and it's like a party in there.

also, the food i use is colour enhancing, so they're extra vibrant now.

feed em, they'll eat it.

Reaction score
I dont feed my fish from like the end of Sept to about now. They will live off the algae in the pond. I have koi and gold fish. You actually should not feed them once it gets cold. It should be about 50 degrees steadily before you start feeding them again.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
feed fish twice a day .And only what they can consume within 5 minutes.Number one killer among fish are overfeeding and not the right foods.

Ask a Question