Showcase Improvements

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by Ian, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Cheers, I'll remove the external ones now that they're in the gallery strip, that should speed things up further. I'll see what I can do to get videos on here, I'm hoping that future versions of the showcase plugin (it's a product plugin for the forum software) will include the ability to do these things. As soon as there's improvements on the way, I'll post back :D.

Ian, Feb 24, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

RobAmy

Hi Ian

Just so you know all of my during construction pictures are gone now and not in the galley either. Not sure why. Also the home pages loads 100 times slower now that you removed all but 2 photos. It actually loaded faster will all of them.

RobAmy, Feb 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

Oh no! :( The construction ones aren't the ones on the "planning and construction" tab are they? I've got all of the old data saved if there's a problem, so can revert back with a little work.

There's a new update to the showcase system available as of a couple of days ago, so I'll do a test upgrade and then see if this speeds things up.

Ian, Feb 28, 2015
  4. Ian

RobAmy

Yes I think they where on the planning and construction tab also, I know they where on the home page. Seems like only a issue with the early pond build pictures. There are a few pictures that are still in the construction tab just not the early ones. Not really a big deal, just not sure why. I can always put them back. More for a update for you.

RobAmy, Feb 28, 2015
    addy1 and Ian like this.
  5. Ian

RobAmy

@Ian Any luck on coming up with a video tab for just video yet?

RobAmy, May 30, 2015
  6. Ian

Ian Administrator

I've just added this now for you @RobAmy - I used your showcase to test it out, I hope that's ok!

I had a look at the new showcase software update and it had some big changes which would significantly alter how things work, until I can write a conversion tool, I'm holding off on the bigger update - so this tweak should be a good stop-gap measure :).

Ian, May 30, 2015
  7. Ian

RobAmy

@Ian Absolutely love it, I think it stream lines it very nicely. Thank you very muck for your efforts.

RobAmy, May 31, 2015
    Ian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question