sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have seen serval cats and they look like a domestic kitten but as they grow they can be fussy animals when they get around strangers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Duma is a well socialized and travelled. She winters with us when we travel south and is allowed out on a leash and harness. At home she has a large outdoor play area that has free access to the house. She also was on the Netflix series Zoo in Season 2 on a couple of episodes. She is expensive to feed properly with rodents, chicks and rabbit, cheaper to feed the 3 horses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Less pressure will give you less velocity and thus less splash, but also less distance (just getting a lower GPH pump or restricting yours somehow like by kinking the line). Having it land on an object that dissipates the sound will be tricky, that's flow dynamics and engineering level stuff, way beyond me. I do know that a weir's shape changes the velocity and speed of water, so it's possible you can design it, but I haven't a clue where to start with the shape you'd need. I think GGBUD's suggestion of trying a triangle (pyramid shape, or perhaps a cone) is as good a place to start as any (especially if you have a 3d printer and time to kill), but so might be Lisak1's pebbles idea. I think you just have to try a bunch of things and see what works. I'll throw in one: try having it land in a mat of cat grass grown in a fodder style (no soil). Growing fodder (you can use whole oats, whole wheat, whole barley, or any other grassy grain):

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
My "catio" is so damned redneck it hurts, it's just a bunch of old window screens screwed to the deck railing with a plastic silverware holder cut in half to block the steps, combined with a crate as a gate with a screen perched on top. But hey, the cats stay on the porch!

20171102_160046.jpg
20200515_022118[1].jpg

Ask a Question