Silencing a spitter fountain

Reaction score
Country
United States
Recently installed a 50 gallon preformed pond in my catio. I have a rather large bronze frog spitting in to the pond. I would like to reduce splash and noise. Any ideas? Perhaps a filter of some sort placed where the water enters pond?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome Lorry! Well, you have a diametrically opposed situation. The 'kitties' are attracted to and love splashing water but you desire less noise and splash. Is this pond just for the cats or do you have fish in there too? Could you post a picture? Does the frog spit a single stream or multiple streams? If a single stream, you might be able to put something in the pond such as a piece of driftwood or a rock for the water to flow over rather than just striking the water. To answer your question, yes, you can certainly put a small internal pump in the pond to circulate the water.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
have the water land on a triangle

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1587136336248.gif
@Lorry carr

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yup - it's the landing you want to control, not the exit. Having the water land on an exposed rock might help, or into a container filled with pebbles.

Post a photo - I'd love to see your "catio"!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Oh, I get it...I thought is was a typo. I thought it was patio, but it's for your cats, so it's a catio! Or am I just crazy? Love to see pictures...we like pictures!

Ask a Question