Looking for a large pond spitter

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Well I broke down and bought a supplementary filter (Pondmaster 8000UV and a Pondmaster Hybrid Pump). Ididn't receive it yet but its ordered. I already have a large bio-falls creating my large waterfall feature but I am looking for something I can place on the edge of the pond to have the clean water from the filter enter the pond. Instead of having just a hose spilling the water from the filter in the pond I was maybe thinking a spitter or something to have it look a little bit better. The spitters Ive seen have a small stream of water exiting but Im assuming once this filter is hooked up the water exiting the hose will have a good amount of pressure. Any ideas on a spitter large enough to withstand the pressure of the water exiting the filter or a way of disguising the hose? Any links or ideas will be greatly appreciated. By the way, i was thinking a turtle spitter but was unable to find something I believe that could handle the pressure from the exiting water..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I have a cute little wooden house and the clean water from my filter returns to the pond through it....kind of looks like a cider mill:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Thank you but Im not sure they will work with the amount of high pressurized water that comes out of a filter hose. Im assuming I need something large like an urn leaning on its side dumping back in the side of the pond. I didn't want to get an urn. I want to get something different but only seem to be finding spitters that release a small stream of water. I am looking for something ornamental that will conceal the hose and water coming directly out of the filter back into the pond. I just dont want to lean the hose over the edge of the pond to have the filtered water go back in

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you could buy something like my turtle and fix the tubing under his belly up to where his mouth is .You could get a composit item and drill it out and put the tube up through it .They are usually hollow and come in pretty big sizes .If you look now most are clearanced out for the end of season sales

Attachments

• dave the turtle 001.JPG
    dave the turtle 001.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 420

Ask a Question