sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yes I have been there as I took care of both hubbies parents when they got cancer when I moved down here to VA .I just think hubby will be O.K. now that all these stupid mistakes at the hospital are over .Plus he hates hospital food .I took him a veggie sub yesterday and he was so happy to have good food .I took him a big salad the day before .He is learning to eat his veggies and love them .His potassium level is still down so got him high lots of high potassium foods already .He just needs good home cooked food .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Being home makes all the difference in the world! Good food, your own bed, a furry head to pet... he'll feel so much better!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was at first taking him to the emergency room every 2 days .He was dehydrated and potassium level was real low and they then decided to keep him .The first morning back from NJ they kept him 1 day but he was not getting better and I think it was just all the stress from his brother passing away suddenly .We paid for the funeral because his son just said leave him at the morgue and hubby and the family was not going to do that .We buried him with his sister .His son id not even come to the funeral or cemetary .So sad when his father did everything for him and his wife and grandson .I would not wish that on anyone

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That is sad @sissy . Family can be the best thing ever... or the worst. I think we just have to take the good and leave the bad. My sister is dealing with a similar situation - really heartbreaking to see how selfish people can be, isn't it?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So very sad hearing that about the son. Not good about how that hospital treated your hubby either. Glad he was able to survive their care and now get outta there and home to you. Good to hear the little kitties are gonna make it too. We always miss you when you are away from here too long @sissy :love:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
how true .Hubby is home finally and what a long day .I saw in Danville temperature at the bank said 102 degrees .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Awwww, @sissy , just catching up. I'm so sorry for all your troubles, but happy to hear hubby is home. How is your lung infection? I hope you're remembering to take care of yourself.

Those kitties are seriously cute :) How is your pond, are you able to enjoy it at all?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My lungs are better and I am still coughing and using my voice to often .They told me it was caused by the pollen and humidity (humidity holds the pollen down ) and mowing the grass and in general being exhausted .I have barely had a chance to even look at the pond and now the heat is here I cannot even stand to be outside because I start coughing .But some of the times you just have to grin and bare it no matter what .Animal control lady said she will try and get out here this week .She told me it will be easier to catch them if they trust me .Now every time I go out the door they all come out to look to see if I am going to feed them .I am trying to put clean cold water with ice in it a couple of times a dat .But they go through a bag of kitten food in a week along with there momma

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
another cat but he wanted in my house .I fed him and waiting for animal control to come get all these cats and kittens poor thing was starved so now he had a meal
100_3999.JPG
100_4000.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I can tell it is not a year old and is trained .I tell it to sit it sits and I tell it to go in the crate it goes in the crate .It is a female and is fixed ,I can see the scar .very friendly .Going to put a sign up at the bottom of my driveway as soon as it gets below 106 degrees

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I called the animal shelter and they refused to waste there time on cats .Amazing HUH .I am going to put a sign at the bottom of my driveway when it cools off .They told me there are to many cats for them to waste any more time on them .I called another place here but they have not called me back and I left 3 messages

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow, that does not sound good! Too many cats are going to turn into too many more cats if they don't do something! Hopefully you can find some other place that will help you w/them. Here is one in VA I found on the net: http://cat.rescueme.org/Virginia
Here's another but I don't know what part of the state Axton is in: http://www.fancycats.org/ and https://www.meowstories.org/
If you just google cat rescues in Virginia lots more come up.

Ask a Question