Sissy's sock

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Oh lordy you guys had too much fun while I was gone!

Ok I've tortured you enough... Hehe I have some areas of the pond that are too steep for rocks and have some of the liner showing. So I "borrowed" Sissy's sock idea. I took screen, sew, (sew'd sewd'ed??) stitched a little pocket that sits below the water line and acts as a pocket for rocks. It works!! I am so tickled.

21.JPG
24.JPG
22.JPG
23.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Thank you. I am so happy that this is a solution. I hated looking at the liner at the edge of the water. I am also pretty sure this may be an easier fix for under my waterfall as well..
My family thinks I'm crazy at how happy I get over little things like this.

Reaction score
Seriously you should patent your idea, you could make bazillions!!!! I am going to do this for my trenched stream sides under my bridge and around my skimmer box. Another winter project!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Not my idea, I totally borrowed it from Sissy. She was using the screen for plants, I just changed it around a bit. But RIGHT! It's so easy and I LOVE the look. I used nylon string but may try fishing wire since it will be in the water. The only thing I did which you can't see in the pictures is stitch in darts to make pockets to better hold the rocks. I'll get some better pictures but I think it just solved all my liner issues.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Not my idea, I totally borrowed it from Sissy. She was using the screen for plants, I just changed it around a bit. But RIGHT! It's so easy and I LOVE the look. I used nylon string but may try fishing wire since it will be in the water. The only thing I did which you can't see in the pictures is stitch in darts to make pockets to better hold the rocks. I'll get some better pictures but I think it just solved all my liner issues.
You may want to explain what "darts" are for those not sew inclined.....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Am I sure I was not sent to the psychiatric ward when I joined this forum?

That is a cool idea tho amongst the insanity of it all :cautious:

Reaction score
You are one creative little ponder!

I like it!!!!

Post up some pictures from a distance so I can see how it looks in full effect.

Thanks!

Ask a Question