j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Think they don't put pictures of rocks on liners cuz the liners all get covered w/ a fine carpet of algae anyways so you wouldn't see them much unless you are a really clean freak. But yep that rock and roll stuff is good for the edges that show out of the water.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I was able to get the "Rock Sock" finally put in under the waterfall. Now to finish filling!!

Attachments

• under rocks.JPG
    under rocks.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 262

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My neighbor is having problems with rock and roll stuff it did not hold up to ice a freezing .It was shredding .I just got back from her house because she could not figure out what the pieces of stuff were floating around in her pond and stuck to her pump .We pulled some of it out that shredded and I left her netting the pond and then she has to put the pump back in .I took it apart and took the stuff out from inside the pump .Uv had to be cleaned out and I left her to do it as she is trying to learn to take care of the pond herself .Has anyone else noticed this, that has rock on a roll .She put it in only last year so it is not old

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am not sure if it was caused by the freeze and thaw of the ice around the edges of the pond .That is what it looked like to me at first .I told her to take pics and send it to rock on a roll.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I never had it so I could not really help her except to get it out .She said she is going to take it all off the sides also that is still there .Poor Tammy has more problems than I have ever seen

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My neighbor is having problems with rock and roll stuff it did not hold up to ice a freezing .It was shredding .I just got back from her house because she could not figure out what the pieces of stuff were floating around in her pond and stuck to her pump .We pulled some of it out that shredded and I left her netting the pond and then she has to put the pump back in .I took it apart and took the stuff out from inside the pump .Uv had to be cleaned out and I left her to do it as she is trying to learn to take care of the pond herself .Has anyone else noticed this, that has rock on a roll .She put it in only last year so it is not old
I use the rock on a roll around both ponds. No problems after 5+ years. When I redid one area I have to use metal snips to cut it off the liner. It was glued down with the PL goop.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I wonder if it is just the newer stuff or she got a defective batch .Her hubby came home and was not happy about the wasted money on it .I told her to contact the company online and that is all I can do .;)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is in ice, snow, deer walked on as it aged it is just as new, just looking more "natural" No shredding, no issues

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Wha???? That's genius, for rocks OR plants! I screwed those nasty plastic plant boxes under the wood around the edge of my pond for the shallow water plants, but they are so ugly. These little screen "socks" would have rocked! I may have to convert.

Ask a Question