Sissy's sock

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
The fiberglass cloth used to make car and boat parts is a very limp and flexible material. It doesn't get hard until the two-part resin component is applied to it, and it takes some time to harden. What we're talking about here is mosquito screen (AKA fly screen), which is more flexible than the old aluminum variety.
John

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The fiberglass cloth used to make car and boat parts is a very limp and flexible material. It doesn't get hard until the two-part resin component is applied to it, and it takes some time to harden. What we're talking about here is mosquito screen (AKA fly screen), which is more flexible than the old aluminum variety.
John
You mean window screen?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
This stuff:
IMG_1256.JPG

You can buy it in rolls at Lowes or H-depot and other hardware etc. stores. Comes in gray or black.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Exactly, j.w., it's the part above the water that worries me.
John
Maybe one could attach some kind of black cords that blend in to it to hold it against the pond so all the sock is in the water? Or just wait and see how T's and sissy's last. They could last for years tho before they fall apart if they do.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Well mine will be covered with rock so I don't anticipate a UV issue. But until I try it, I won't know for sure. I think Sissy had said she has had hers up for like 3+ years with no issues. And hers was exposed since it was against wood I think.

Ask a Question