Snake question

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
find a 9 to 14 year old boy in the neighborhood, give him a thin cane with a noose on the end and tell him you'll pay a buck for each snake. I would have been all over that offer.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They would need to sit at the pond 24 7 never know when one will show. They do not stick around once they see a person.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Take my word for it the right kid would rid you of snakes. I'm sure you never came up to your pond on your belly sneaking up SAYING I'LL GET CHA YA YOU LITTLE SLITHERING BEAUTY YOUR MINE . Jumping in after you blow it and push it just a little to far.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Being Florida, it might not do any good, but have you thought of trapping your single snake and taking it elsewhere (I have not researched whether relocating snakes is permissable in FL)? I'm of the mind that having no snakes in the pond, no matter how interesting, is preferable to an @addy1 -like collection.
I have relocated numerous non-venomous snakes over the years. Snake tongs make it easy to harmlessly capture the slithering visitors. It is not difficult to capture them and safely relocate them to a remote area. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with a venomous snake.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Put out a spot light onto a nice big flat rock when the temps climb back up again you'll blind them so they don't see you coming . walk gently and you got your snake

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have relocated numerous non-venomous snakes over the years. Snake tongs make it easy to harmlessly capture the slithering visitors. It is not difficult to capture them and safely relocate them to a remote area. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with a venomous snake.
My friendly snake inhabitants, arrive and leave quickly. At first I could almost walk up on them, now they are here and gone, gone before I can spot them on the camera and walk down to the pond. I have tried the snake grabbers, they are too fast.

Ask a Question