Solar filter advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have bought a house with a garden pond (approx. 5ft x 3ft x 2 foot deep) and we are looking for a solar filter. It has 'something' at the moment but if the state of the electrics inside the house are anything to go by there's no way I trust what he has out there!!
I am so confused as to what we need. We are hoping to just have goldfish and run whatever we need by solar power but don't know what we need. Please help with suggestions, thanks in advance x

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi,
We have bought a house with a garden pond (approx. 5ft x 3ft x 2 foot deep) and we are looking for a solar filter. It has 'something' at the moment but if the state of the electrics inside the house are anything to go by there's no way I trust what he has out there!!
I am so confused as to what we need. We are hoping to just have goldfish and run whatever we need by solar power but don't know what we need. Please help with suggestions, thanks in advance x
Hello and welcome! I can't help, but someone else will be able to discuss this with you.

BTW, are you saying that the electricity is "shoddy," unreliable, or not enough to power the equip. you will need? Or is the actual pond equipment that you are questioning?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
A reliable solar set up could become expensive. You will need besides an appropriately large solar panel to power the pump, but adequate storage batteries to power the pump at night and on overcast and rainy days.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Anything that you're looking to buy for a pond of that volume isn't going to be able to be run by solar power, at least not in the way of a stand-alone pump.

It simply won't have the power to deliver the volume you need to deliver.

Ask a Question