Solar for Pump

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Electricty for my pump is running me about $10/month as close as I can figure. I'm thinking the payback for solar would be pretty quick. We get enough sun in the southern Appalachians, I think.

Does anyone use solar panels/energy for their pump? If so, is it a possible DIY using something like this Harbor Freight kit?

https://www.harborfreight.com/100-watt-solar-panel-kit-63585.html

I guess I would need to add a storage battery. But for those who have done it what else might I need? Also how hard is it to do for somebody who's an OK DIYer, but certainly no expert and have never done solar to this extent.

Thanks

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I know harbor freight has a good 100 watt set up that comes with everything .Seems people like it and there are you tube videos of it .I was thinking of getting it because it would run 1 pump and my air pump.I have been watching for it to go onsale and see it is 149 dollars right now .Reviews are all good on it

Ask a Question