Some plants are in..

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Its been raining here for days, we had really bad wind the other night and my power was off for a few hours in the middle of the night. And then again the next day while I was at work, they must have been working on some lines or something.

I dont know what it is about my pumps, but I feel like a caveman everytime I shut them off, I have to beat them against a rock to get them going again. So everytime my power goes out, my pumps wont just start back up again when the power comes back on. Needless to say, after almost an entire day without running water, my pond quickly started turning to pea soup.

But, I stopped out back this morning before I left for work, and its starting to clear up, and I have my first lily pad bloom! I was standing there looking around and I saw something tucked back behind the rocks, weird place for it to hang out, but there it was.

View attachment 6350

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 243

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like you need some new pumps! do the humm or anything when they first turn back on? The impeller shaft maybe messed up not letting it turn with the banging, knocking it loose.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
Its done that from day 1, its kindof a piece of junk... which is funny, cuz I paid more for it at menards than I did for my new one that works great I got from harbor frieght. .

My new one turns back on itself, but it just circulates water, its not connected to a big filter. Just the foam filter that came on it.

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
I guess I never really though anything of it, because I've had many powerheads in my aquariums that have been the same way when I started them, a little bang will get them going.

The only reason there wasnt running water in the pond was because my fiance said, "the water isn't running on the waterfall" and I told her to "go shut off that pump", so it wasnt sitting there plugged in but not able to turn, She took this as "shut off the electricity to the whole pond, instead of unplugging one pump"

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
laughing ...........at least she did what you said, shut off that pump, she did that!

Ask a Question