Sorry, Becky...

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
honey keeps looking for a dump truck for me. but he is cheap lol, so am I got to find a good deal, just want a small one
Here you go they sell them in most toy stores and are inexpensive!
th

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Here is one of my rides! It hauls all my adult toys around when we go on vacation. Two kayaks, tandem AI, and two bikes.
P1050244.JPG
P1050443.JPG

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The house was a rental in Outer Banks NC on the sound side. There is a community boat ramp right across the street which was very convenient for kayak and launching our boat. We will definitely go back.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was wondering why you were up on stilts with break away panels in Kentucky! Was going to ask lol

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
As far as getting a dump truck, Addy1, too costly. You can add a moving belt system to the bed of any pickup truck for a few hundred buck. It's basically just a conveyer belt that fills the bottom of the truck bed. Turn the crank, the belt moves and out comes the load.

Last edited:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
As far as getting a dump truck, Addy1, too costly. You can add a moving belt system to the bed of any pickup truck for a few hundred buck. It's basically just a conveyer belt that fills the bottom of the truck bed. Turn the crank, the belt moves and out comes the load.

Nice! actually I told him I am happy with just my tractor and bucket. It takes a few trips to dump the trimmings in the woods (I have a nice dead fall for the critters and they are our woods) The pile is huge when trimming and it just goes away during a season.
Think he just wants to get me one to have one lol. it is a man thing! But if I say no he won't.

crsublette

coyotes call me Charles
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
It seems I spent too much time reading the latest filter discussion post, as just before I got to the end, Becky closed the thread! Meaning no disrespect to our administrators, I never-the-less would like to put in my two cents' worth. The argument over filters will NEVER be won, BY ANYONE! As I read these posts, I kept thinking how these people could just as well be discussing their personal choice of VEHICLES. I myself drive a pickup truck. I like the added height and increased visibility, and the four-wheel drive comes in handy in winter (all six months of it) as well as some of the trails that pass for roads in the northern part of our province, which I visit every chance I get. However, I hate parking a full-sized truck, so I have one of the smaller ones on the market.
If you're still reading, please bear with me a moment longer. Let me just say that under NO circumstances would I waste my time trying to convince any one of you to run out and buy a Nissan Pathfinder! If you only use your car to do your grocery shopping, by all means drive your little sub-compact. If you have eight kids to run to music lessons and other appointments, your mini-van is probably ideal for you. If, like some on this forum, you spend a lot of time hauling chunks of concrete and tons of rocks foraged from nature, then of COURSE you should own the biggest mother dually 18-ton truck available! To each his (or her) own! I won't try to tell you that the ONLY automobile to own is a Ferrari, even though it may well be the fastest and most agile thing on the road.
You see, the choice of filter is just as complex as the choice of personal transportation. You see an ad for it, it sounds good, and you buy it. Or you see one in operation, it works well, and you just have to have the same one. Or, in many cases, it came free or almost free because Uncle Joe no longer had a use for it! (R.I.P., Uncle Joe.) The think is, once you have this car/filter, you HAVE to defend it. Did anyone ever tell you, "Yea, it LOOKS good, but it's a bunch of CRAP"? No, that would make that person look like a real idiot, for buying something that didn't do the job!!!
So you see, the choice of a filter, like a car, generally starts with something CHEAP, progresses to something more UTILITARIAN, and, as our knowledge increases, we finally end up with something that REALLY DOES THE JOB!
John
P.s. Sorry, Becky, but I had to get this off my chest. I will accept whatever punishment you deem appropriate, but PLEASE don't banish me!?

Haro, you summed "it" up quite well. "It" is why I do not try to say any particular filtration is the "holy grail" since too much about a person's decisions comes down to what they are "feeling" and what "politically" suits them and moneys willing to spend and decision making impacts from friends and family.

Even though there is a particular car that is best for the job, this does not mean the car is the best application for the owner since the owner is the one driving the car and paying for the fuel.

Before talking about filtration, I first gauge the owner's proclivities, skill set, and passion. Then, I make my suggestion, which often contradicts what I would personally do, but " I " am not " them " so the suggestions should be appropriately contemplated before it is assigned to the owner.

Last edited:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
FINALLY someone gets it!!!!
There are some things I WILL NOT discuss. Religion, politics, vehicles, and filters! You can NEVER change anyone's mind on these subjects, they have to change their minds themselves!
John

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I've found that the politics and religiosity of filter vehicles to be a contentious subject, and all should change their mind to my way of thinking, so that all may get it.

Ask a Question