spangs pond need advice

Reaction score
Last year I started my first pond a 500 or gal and it stayed crystal clear never did water changes add some here and there when it got down some and after looking into ponds more I decided to build it bigger. Now its 2000 gal I made a bigger filter set up that is a 30 gal Skippy like filter. One problem is its in the sun most the day and not a lot of plant coverage its been a pea soup green for 3 or 4 weeks now and everything has been set up and going for 6 or so weeks. After checking the water temp last week and it got up to 82 I decided I needed some kind of shade so I put the easy up over most of it to keep it cooler now the temp stays around 72 -75 imp going to turn my 100 gal stock tank into a filter like koikeepr did on hers. Any advice on how to get rid of the green water

pond027-1.jpg

were the stock tank will go and new pump will build a small pump house for pump and equipmet
pond028-1.jpg

1st bloomed on my day off friday
pond008.jpg

my son feeding the koi
[ame=[URL]http://s372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/spangsinc/?action=view&current=pond012.flv[/URL]]
th_pond012.jpg
[/ame]

Reaction score
Spangs, you know you can't get away with rarely doing water changes! Do regular water changes!!

I did an experiment on my pond, this week. It's been officially up and running 1.5-2 weeks. I have a UV plumbed to it, but decided not to turn it on to see what would happen and how long it would take to turn green.

Today, I went to the pond in the morning, and sure enough there's that tell-tale sign of green. So, that was pretty quick. Of course, today, I turned on the UV, so I expect un-green water in the next few days. The water is clear straight to the bottom, but just has that tint of verde. Didn't take long!

Reaction score
iv been doing water changes once a week now sence the pond has been started up in april i did a 900 gal change thursday and will do it agin tommarow

Ask a Question