Spring 2012 water temps

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I My Koi have been real active lately and been trying to get me to feed them
I checked my water and its at 57deg ,i haven't checked it for a while i was surprised.
I shouldn't have since i been wearing T shirts the last 4 weeks
If the water gets to 60 they may get a little

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is sitting at 48 today, but we are getting some cold again so it will drop lower, no food yet. The fish are very active though

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I restarted my filters today as the weather has been so mild. One pond is crystal clear but the big pond has been green for 3 months.I'm tempted to plug in the uv but for now just running a fines filter.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond is still clear water even without the filter running since the beginning of december, no green color at all. I am thinking of setting up the pump soon just because.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My pond is at 55 degrees and guess it will go up more ,but i did a water change and changed out for the new pump .Water is clear but have some hair algae but guessing that is from all the warm weather we are getting .Fish seem to be eating the hair algae .ground hog says 6 more weeks of winter

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
All i can say to you Dr.Case is "shut up!,and ask me in 3 months...when it's actually spring here!!".......lol
Well maybe this year it'll come early, lord knows winter has been a real dud. not that i dont appreciate it!! of course my fish have been in 58*f water since September anyways.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My pond and bog plants are still growing, the penny wort and the blue forgetmenots, green and doing well. New leaves on the lilies heading for the surface, the parrots feather is still growing well, has never stopped this winter.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
All i can say to you Dr.Case is "shut up!,and ask me in 3 months...when it's actually spring here!!".......lol
Well maybe this year it'll come early, lord knows winter has been a real dud. not that i dont appreciate it!! of course my fish have been in 58*f water since September anyways.

So Koiguy, how has the weather been for you to the southeast (guessing on your zone) of me? been in the 30's here and the pond is still frozen

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a

Lol .. Sorry KoiGuy if it makes you feel better its 49 deg this morning, long sleaves for a few hours
We can still get some cold weather its not over yet

ididntdoit99

ididntdoit99
Reaction score
30° today don't know about pond, theres no fish in there, or water really, except for melted snow. I can not wait until it is finally nice and i can begin work on the new pond, im sure my fish can't wait either, they are probably not nearly as happy in the basement.

All of the plants are growing like mad though downstairs, i just have one of those compact florecent bulbs down there for light, but apparently thats enough for all of the lily pads to sprout, and for the water iris that i had trimmed down to grow like 6 inches, they will all be full plants before spring even comes.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have a tub with two tropical lilies in it. Down in our cool basement, around 54 degrees, only light from a patio door. The lilies are growing some nice leaves. Once we warm up.........in a few months, they will be out in the pond with a nice head start on the season.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh was looking at the weather channel Colorado snow and severe storms all the way from Texas up .We are supposed to get rain tonoight .I have a few projects to finish ,I did not get much done here yesterday I had to go over to the other house to get the rent money and drop off a hydrant I bought for that house and Mike installed it and I got to see the horses and geese .Mike so far has cleared 5 acreas of the 12 acres of brush and scrub pine and he found a natural spring and another stream going through the property and that stream has a small mud pond in the middle of it with a butch of small black fish ,not sure what the fish are ,but the small mud pond was in the middle of a picker patch Mike cut down .Who knew .The stream is a part that goes in to Frying Pan creek and then into Bedford Lake .The nice winter we had gave him plenty of time to cut down brush and burn it .I hope next winter will be as nice as this winter was .I did a water change in my pond the other day and checked water temps on the pond before and it is just above 60 degrees and aggie and bert are begging .Gave them some food yesterday with organic garlic in it .

Reaction score
North-Eastcoaster with shovels for blizzards
In my neck of the woods, the air temperature is 45 degrees, and the water temperature is 58 degrees (my pond is covered and winterized. My water fountain and filter are on duty 24/7 under the cover :)). My fishies had been foodless since October 2011 until a few hours ago. I fed 21 pellets, and my 7 fishies ate them all in less than a few minutes. There goes my TOUGH LOVE!

Ask a Question