addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A few more tulips, these are a different variety, I think, but special. Two weeks before we got married, my dad told me to go dig some out of the front yard that my mom had planted. So I did, this is march, very little growing, well of course I managed to get poison ivy, it covered my hands, went down my back, both legs and we went on a cruise for our honeymoon.............sigh.

DSC01214.jpg

DSC01213.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your new hubby must have been thrilled by that .lol not sure who I feel sorry for you or him .Well that would have to depend on your hubbies input ,oh dear is that right or is that bad not sure how to put it sounds bad reading it lol:lol::):lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My honey does not get poison ivy at all, my dad wanted me to get the bulbs my mom had planted at our childhood home, for our house, she passed in 83. He passed the same year i got the bulbs.

I looked terrible, yucky rashes on my body, he loves me anyways lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess he would have too .I know what it is like I am highly allergic to poison ivy and get it if I'm sweating and the wind blows the same way .I know what you mean as I have two lilac bushes I have been digging up and dragging with me for years they were from my parents house after they were killed in 86 when I was pregnant with my son .I feel they are part of who they were and what they were .Pregnant and I still cut them back and dug them up all by myself ,hard but worth it after all these years .These lilacs even like growing here and I was afraid they would not live because of the heat here ,but they grow on and on .My oldest son has shoots from them growing at his house and he is 36 now .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yes I have a house plant, that my mom gave a piece to my brother, who gave me a piece that I hauled from arizona back to maryland where it started. My sis in arizona has cuttings from plants my mom put in. The cycle continues.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Isn't it something that certain things no matter what live on and touch so many lives and make us feel good and sad also .We see them and the memories are still so fresh in our minds .The young these days seem to not appreciate memories as much ,but as they get older they will also understand at least we hope .Memories are what make us what we are good and bad

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wonder what the future will bring us but not sure I would ever want to know .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your tulips are very pretty addy and I'm glad you were able to save some from you mom's garden. Sorry about the poison ivy tho. Never had it myself and don't even know what it looks like. I've had nettles before and that stuff is not nice either. Jumped off a runaway horse once and landed in a whole patch of it. Not a pretty site :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Your tulips are very pretty addy and I'm glad you were able to save some from you mom's garden. Sorry about the poison ivy tho. Never had it myself and don't even know what it looks like. I've had nettles before and that stuff is not nice either. Jumped off a runaway horse once and landed in a whole patch of it. Not a pretty site :bowdown:

Owie! Hate nettles.

I have to watch which way the wind is blowing when I mow so the grass clippings don't blow back on me, esp when near the edges where the honeysuckle, poison ivy vines are intertwined, up to 7 feet tall lol.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Blowing chopped up Poison Ivy does not sound fun at all. Yikes if it got in your eyes that would be terrible :bowdown:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I mow with long sleeve shirt, pants, and sun glasses. All gets yanked off before I even come in the house and into the washer it goes. (I do have a place I can strip down without eyes seeing me lol)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You may want to add bleach or bleach for colored clothes as my doctor told me washing your clothing in hot water can be bad also when you are highly allergic to poison ivy .Detergent alone can sometimes not kill the residue left behind on clothes and if you have small children you should never wash there clothes with yours when you have been exposed to it .

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks sissy, I have to keep my pup out of it also, she touches I touch her got it again geez.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Finally some Spring growth here too...............although it might hail or snow tomorrow here and I REALLY CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT!

Star Magnolia
IMG_1686.jpg

Rock Cress
IMG_1689.jpg

Pulmonaria
IMG_1692.jpg

Primrose
IMG_1691.jpg

Daffy's
IMG_1687.jpg

Hosta's finally trying to come up
IMG_1693.jpg

And last but not least my brand new palm I bought at Costco recently.
I love palms!!!
IMG_1651.jpg

Ask a Question