water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful Jw thanks for sharing!

I costco shopped today, then the Novocain wore off lol, been couch sleeping since........Did get some knockout roses for the end of our drive near the road.

I have pulmonaria it has not even tried to bloom yet, but the hostas are really growing. Love that star magnolia.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The old dentist was mean to you eh.................told you that you needed a root canal or had a cavity eh? Fine thing to do to you....................I hate that shot of Novocaine coming at me in the chair...........feel like I'm on death row waiting to get executed :cool:
Then comes that slurry feeling and you can't eat or drink w/o drooling all over yourself........disgusting it is to be done to us :rolleyes:
Then all they give you is a big bill and send ya home and tell ya to brush twice a day and floss and stay away from those Snickers bars :lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw, old cap with decay under it, old old filling with the tooth totally cracked around it, right next to each other so yeah a little beat up, hurts like poop when the stuff wears off too.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
here is some color from my yard- It's been like summer here so everything is ahead of schedule. We have azaelas we bought when we first moved here 22 years ago. They had just opened a new Lowes and had small azaelas for 49 cents, got 200+.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0434.JPG
    IMG_0434.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0433.JPG
    IMG_0433.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0435.JPG
    IMG_0435.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 203

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Finally getting the landscaping done around the new pond. Also tearing down the old pond as it is still leaking so everyone is in the new area except for the 50+ we sold.
1st pic is the seating area for the new pond.
2nd-Got a good deal on this storage bench to hold all my pond stuff so I don't have to keep climbing the hill to the house!
3rd- Screened in room for the fish. I will lower this as it is too high to work with plus I had to rescue 2 hummingbirds that had flown under the neet & couldn't get out.
$th- The bog is starting up but not sure how it will do as there is no circulation right now with that pond shut down.

Attachments

• IMG_0436.JPG
    IMG_0436.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_0430.JPG
    IMG_0430.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_0437.JPG
    IMG_0437.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0438.JPG
    IMG_0438.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 218

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
yeah tala, will, been years since a dentist beat me up this bad...................I will jw, she warned me lol, didn't think it would be this bad ............darn

mrsclem, went to hd, lowes no savings darn after easter, but scored on fish at walmart................but they are opening a new lowes will watch for sales.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Addy- great deal you got on the fish. I didn't find any good deals on plant either but I'm saving my pennies to to the rebuild on the old pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
He is learning new ways to get to the feeder........worked on the carnivorous bog today, rocks, the path near it, french drains, the pond stream is the rocks to the left.
.............the pond put in new french drains the pond bog is really beginning to grow..... wild flowers beginning to bloom along side the garage and at the top of the stream.

Even with tons of rain in the past, the 3 inches in 3 hours showed me a few problem areas, all fixed now with french drains and sloping.

Attachments

• DSC01256.jpg
    DSC01256.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC01265.jpg
    DSC01265.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01263.jpg
    DSC01263.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC01272.jpg
    DSC01272.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC01259.jpg
    DSC01259.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 245

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Really looking good addy and love that cute squirrel. Hope you're not too sore right now from all your hard labor. I've been slaving everyday down at our rental trying to get it ready for new peeps to move in on Friday.............oh man we are under the gun and cutting it close :lol:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
j.w said:
Really looking good addy and love that cute squirrel. Hope you're not too sore right now from all your hard labor. I've been slaving everyday down at our rental trying to get it ready for new peeps to move in on Friday.............oh man we are under the gun and cutting it close :rolleyes:

I know the feeling! My honeys friend is going to have to be evicted, he is messing with us and not paying rent, always an excuse, child support, electric bill, like we his parents and need to support him. So I know what we will be doing when we get back home, getting him out and someone else in.

My renter in florida sent a email, she wants all scorpions that climb the wall to get to the porch and eat crickets killed..................sigh. Is there a way to get rid of all scorpions in florida? lmao

Going to spray the porch while there, "look for a nest" she is on the third floor of a water front condo, on the intercostal..............she has been there years, even before, like an idiot, I bought the place, and has found 4........four............now in a panic.........geez

Good luck jw, keep cranking you will get there.

taherrmann4

Tmann
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I tried to keep the squirrels out of my feeders for years, then this last year I embraced them and decided to build them their own feeder. Every day they come visit and eat out of their own feeder. I give them corn, peanuts and seed.

Pond looks good.

Ask a Question