sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
squirrels are just cute rats .I hope all goes good on both your rentals and with the headaches from renters .There is always some excuse they have huh .When you rent in a big apartment complex you don't get away with the stuff that renting from a private owner so wake up people smell the coffee pay your rent and stop using excuses .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I feed the squirrels taherrmann, they just also like the bird feeders. We have them up on a pole to be able to see from the house, 18 feet out of the ground and can see them perfectly.

Monkey grass, started as one little plant, now going to put some in the bog also, the next two are the wild flowers starting to go crazy, then the front yard bog.

Attachments

• DSC01276.jpg
    DSC01276.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC01273.jpg
    DSC01273.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC01274.jpg
    DSC01274.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 203
  • DSC01277.jpg
    DSC01277.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 220

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy your Hillside meadow is really blooming nicely. Lots of color and looks like it almost constantly changing. I took some of the pond and of some of the spring flowers. guess this is as good a place as any to share some.

Attachments

• pond pics 5311 005.jpg
    pond pics 5311 005.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 207
  • pond pics 044.jpg
    pond pics 044.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 204
  • pond pics 008.jpg
    pond pics 008.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 196
  • pond pics 016.jpg
    pond pics 016.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 243
  • pond pics 010.jpg
    pond pics 010.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 172

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks fishin, nice pictures you have, my lilies are just pushing up buds, hope they hold off blooming until we get back!

I love the wildflower's there is something blooming all summer, constant changing. I have converted a bunch of areas to wildflower meadows.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what is the bush with the white flowers addy I like that reminds me of a bridal flowers you see these days .Gosh wish my fish didn't destroy my plants you have great looking ones there fishin

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is a nice big bush, was here when we bought the house. Covered with those white blossoms. I am not really sure what it is. Will see if I can find a similar one at a nursery.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Thanks Addy, Sissy for somereason they haven't damaged the plants as bad this year. I am feeding them more veggies in their diet that may be helping some. most of the best plants are not where the fish can get to them, They are in areas the fish can't get too. I have a few Lilies that are in the pond with the fish but they are all babies from adult plants last year, one of each kind are where the fish can't get to them, the taller plants they don't seem to bother nearly as bad. I also started using larger rocks in the top of the pots so the Koi couldn't dig down into them as easily and it sure seems to be helping some.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Lovely flowers and colors addy..............looks like Spring has sprung at your property :cool:

Fishin you have lots of nice already blooming water plants............you lucky pup you. My lilies are just trying to come up from the bottom now w/ little pads..............flowers are a long way off so I enjoy looking at yours :cool:

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
I didn't notice this one blooming until late this afternoon. Guess it's the other end of the spectrum. I hope I can get better pics tomorrow as it was closing when I spotted it. First time I've ever seen that cactus bloom and we have had it probably three or four years.
Hoping to get the covers off for a while this weekend and do some plant rearranging and do a little trimming and try and get some good pics of the pond without the cover. I hate that ugly thing but it's needed as we all know.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 251
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 203
Reaction score
i never liked cactus's they always poked me and then there is the soft ones that you touch not knowing that you have just rubbed 100 needles into your hands...bad memories

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
oh yes talal, was in the desert for xxxxxxxxxx years, arizona, cactus everywhere. Some of those spines have nice little hooks on them and they sure do hook into your skin. A lot of those spines have something on the tips that hurts like all heck when it punctures your skin.

Fishin, when we had a good wet winter the cactus would bloom in the desert usually right after the wildflowers bloomed. They have beautiful blossoms.

This is about a 1/2 mile from my arizona home, the cactus are in my front yard there. They bloom at night, once, when the sun comes up they close within an hour.

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the idea of a rock cactus garden .I was looking at the natural rock sinks at a house near here that is up for sale and these people must have spent a lot of money .Now the house is for sale at a such a low price almost a shame you know they are not getting what they paid to build it and put all the custom features in it

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Addy, I really like that cactus that bloomed the orangish Pink bloom! That is really pretty. I have about 20 different cacti and 6 different types of agave. yes they do poke me from time to time but I'm always amazed at the color of the blooms when you get to see them and they are so easy to care for. My wife found one that I had forgotten about yesterday evening. I guess during one of our bad Thunderstorms it got blown over and was in the middle of some bushes and I'm guessing it's been there since last year. We were pulling some vines out and spotted it. Got it out and I'm assuming when it got knocked over several branches broke off as we found about 12 small ones growing on the ground. I went and checked the one that I took picks of yesterday and it was still tightly closed. Hoping I can get a shot of it open later today.
Do some bloom only at night? We have a large prickly pear that is due to bloom very soon, I know it is normally open early in the morning, was wondering if its just closing for the day or if it's a morning bloomer, This one seems to open in the afternoon but closes at night.
I also have a night blooming water lily that is really cool, It opens from about 5-6 in the evening and closes about 9-10 in the morning, Usually starts blooming late May or early June and it makes the whole backyard smell like a fine perfume when it's open.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow they are some cactus flowers there and do they give off a scent

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The coral one only bloomed at night, the white one bloomed at night but lasted about an hour after sunup. some of the cactus bloomed am, shut during hot of day, then opened again like you are describing, some bloom all day and night. They have beautiful colors.

Here are residents of my lotus pond! two have moved in, all you frog experts..........is that jelly like mass with little brown spots frogs to be? Have they been making woopie? This is in a different pond than the lotus pond, one of the small stream ponds.

Sissy there is a bigger shot of that bush, there are a lot of them blooming around here (other yards) so must be something common. I added a close up of the blossoms

Attachments

• DSC01280.jpg
    DSC01280.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 190
  • DSC01284.jpg
    DSC01284.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC01288.jpg
    DSC01288.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC01294.jpg
    DSC01294.jpg