sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh just got off the phone with him ,they are both really upset ,He just got finished with all the wood floors too .Insurance investigator is coming tomorrow .I have to give him all the receipts for the furniture .I still had them because I had given him my oak bedroom set and maple dining room set from my house in NJ and I still had the receipts .If bad comes in 3 's I 'm afraid of whats next .

Reaction score
I'm so sorry sissy that is so devastating but you must remember to be thankful and look at the bright side like for instance the fish that jumped wasn't aunt aggie and your son wasn't in the house when it burned down right...see positives

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
there are positives but so many negatives beginning to wonder .My son and his wife were up in NJ with my grandogger

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That is horrible news sissy. I'm so sorry about your son's house and your fish too. I hope things get better and it's a good thing he had insurance and no one was hurt. I wonder what caused the fire? Haven't a clue why these fish are jumping either :confused:

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Sissy, next penny you walk by heads up, Pick it up! Sounds like you could really use some good luck heading back your way!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well we are back and what a change in just a week, things exploded.

a week ago
DSC01244.jpg

today

DSC01388.jpg

bog plant

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01384.jpg

monkey grass have it in our bog and in our garden.

DSC01382.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They said the fire was cause by a surge in the electrical box on the outside of the house that the electric company put in .It was one of those new digital ones and it looks like the electric company when they put it in they peeled back to much of the lead coming into the meter and it was touching metal by what they can see .No luck so far they were foresting behind my house and cut down 26 trees on my property clearly marked and signs I bought from Chatham to put up and bright yellow and orange property markers that are 5 feet high .I came back from the bank just awhile ago and they were going maples and oaks 40 to 50 feet tall dumb chits .I called them worse than that .He asked me what we can do to resolve the matter PUT THEM BACK DUMB CHIT . The cops made out reports of destruction of private property clearly marked I had pics of signs and trees . Intentional Trespassing to destroy and loss of unknown amount to be estimated later date and 2 other charges to mad to even think about it now

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Malak said:
Sorry about your son's house Sissy! :-(

Hey fishin', what is that purple flower? I want one.

That is Panama Pacific, But if you want one that is even more purple and has a prettier leaf, Try King of Siam, To me it's the prettiest of all the violets, Unfortunately I have two very similar violet lily's already, Panama Pacific, and Queen if Siam. BTW, I made a mistake when ordering and ordered the Queen instead of the King, It's more magneta and the leaves are slightly lighter in color. Both are very nice but I would have rather had the King of Siam for sure.

fishin4cars

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Looking really good! If you look close you can see the tiny bloom of the lily in the bottom pond, lol Way down the hill! Very pretty!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Addy your plants all are growing nicely and I can't believe you already have a bloom on your lily. Mine are just now sending up little pads and no signs of any buds at all :confused:
Glad you made it home safely and it felt like you weren't even gone :lol:
Still raining, raining, raining............ugh!!!
At least no frost anymore :cool:

Sissy, that's too bad about the trees on your property. Make them pay. We did when the land developer next to our last house had workers trespass onto our property to collect various ferns, Oregon grape etc. plants in massive quantity to put around the wetland pond they had to construct to satisfy the county for their build. We settled out of court and got what we were asking. Thank you to our dog for barking out the back door and me then noticing the idiots in the orange coveralls w/ shovels digging back there. They said their boss had told them to just go in the woods and collect whatever they could find w/o asking anyone if it was ok :confused:
The dog got a nice big juicy bone for dessert that night :cool:

Ask a Question