Spring frogs return

Reaction score
I wish I could have frogs in my pond but it is too small and they could not get out.
so I have this frog
frog.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ah yes I can see in the second one exactly what you were after in the tatoo. I guess in a frog's world it really is a frog eat frog world :yikesu:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
JW? nah she is too peaceful and a nature lover.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I agree with Addy, can't imagine J.W. being carnivorous! LOL I should have a selection of sizes of frogs in my pond, and no longer am I worrying about "stocking" tadpoles in it, now that I've already heard one in there last night, just a week after pond is filled. :) I'm a happy camper indeed!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic country, the frogs moved in while we were still building it last year. They must have a nose for water!

Frogs mean you have done good!

hand_applause.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yea, I will simply use some tea candles or something other than the chemical. I didn't think about it until I got to notice no bugs around. Duh.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
If you build it, they will come. I found two large toads camped out over the rock edge of my pond. My bullfrog was riding the lilly pad, and has lost his tail. My pond is in the middle of suburbia, so to have all this wild life show is freaking hilarious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Airxsteel, my pond is only a little over a week old, no fish yet, just bubbling water, and I have that little peeper frog, or whatever he happens to be. Last night, while working on the pond, noticed a big fat toad floating in the pond, alive ... just hanging out! I thought toads drown if they are in a pond? They will be able to get out once the bog is filled with pea gravel and plants, but for not I'm playing rescuer. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I had to save a few toads, they would get in and not be able to get out while I was working on my pond.

Ask a Question