Start a Conversation vs. Post a new Thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Hey gang! Someone on here messaged me with a conversation about a fish injured by a snapping turtle. I left the conversation because I am fairly certain the person meant to start a new thread on here.
Of course, I deleted it before checking the name of the person who sent the message!
They included a sad photo of the poor fish.
Whoever this was -- I think you meant to use the "Post Thread" button. That way, everyone can see and chime in on the topic.
Very sorry about your fish!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@bagsmom You are probably correct regarding intent, but it never hurts to be cautious. I have received a few “private conversations “ in the past (2 or 3 times, maybe?) but the OP was taking advantage of the opportunity to either harass, or to get “more personal.” I reported them each time, and they never messaged me again. One time, I made an open post (like yours), and found out that several other members were having the same issue with this same person. That person was booted from the forum. I hope the OP in your case will repost.

Ask a Question